Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My GT Zaskar Carbon custom build
I say, that's rather spiffing. What's the spec?

[quote="SDK^]Just waiting for the first service in a couple of weeks.[/quote]Ah, okay. Was going to offer you a spare set of plastic bungs in case you weren't considering it.

Got the new bars on. :)

Image162.jpg

Image163.jpg

Off to Cannock Chase tomorrow to give it a proper run, but loving the carbon bars already just riding around the local area - can really feel the difference when you hit bumps. :)

A friend re-routed the rear brake cable for me as well, much neater now. :)

I say, that's rather spiffing. What's the spec?

Frame: GT Zaskar Carbon Team
Forks: Marzocchi Marathon Corsa LT
Wheels: Mavic XC717 on Shimano XTR, DT Comp Spokes
Sram X9 rear Mech, Shimano LX Front
Sram X7 Shifters (soon to be replaced with X0)
Shimano Deore Hydraulic discs 203/180mm rotors
Truvativ Stylo crankset
Kore Elite Carbon seatpost
GT own branded stem and bars

nothing too fancy, most of the bits came off my old avalanche.

I'm getting a click sound when I pedal, usually once per rotation. Can't figure what's making the noise. I thought it was the shifter cable end rubbing against the chainset crank but it's not that.

Could be a number of things. Check the tightness of the pedal, crank bolt, and BB, any of these could cause a clicking/creaking noise.

Check whether it happens when you're only clipped in on one side, or by standing on one pedal without being clipped into it.

So many things, but by careful elimination you'll be able to work it out.

My new Project : - )...... Finished! at last

My lastest edition is the "Rockshox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn Forks (2008)"

And oh.... the spoon. My god its sooo comfortable and its TITANIUM! its a whole 8g lighter than the cromo!!! omg!!!11 (only one in stock so i thought id pay the extra £10er please note the sarcasm:rolleyes:)

Specs as follows:

On one geared Inbred 20" frame
Cane Creek S8 headset
Thomson layback 7 degree layback
Charge spoon TI
Hope Mini Mono Brakes 2006 as corrected :)
XT 2008 rear derailier shadow
XT front 2007 derailier
XTR shifters 2007 ( Not rapid fire)
XT rear cassette
LX HollowTech2 cranks
Rockshox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn Forks 2008
Mavix X325 Disc Rims
XT Hubs
SRAM 991 Chain

Took it to Cwmcarn today and felt invinsible :D Had a real good ride!

Last edited:
Edinburgh Cycles the best by far? ROFL. If anything they are the worst by far!

Examples:

"excuse me, how much are those Boxer forks? - I'm not sure, check on the RS web site, that'll tell you!"

"The pistons on my Hope Mini's are stuck, how do I fix it? - With a screwdriver"

Worst service and never budge on Retail prices...ever!

CRC have been faultless for me, as have Merlin and Wiggle!

Winstanley clycles *** :)

Last edited:
Could you please give us your view/info on costs, travel arrangements with bike, accommodation, length of stay required etc?
I'm thinking of arranging a trip next year so would be useful to get your opinions.

I'm guessing your plans won't follow mine too closely but here's a rough break down of my costs:
Flight booked late was ~550USD, would have been less than 400USD if I'd booked earlier.
Perimeter Coach from Vancouver airport to Whistler was ~57CAD (should have been another 25CAD for the bike but the woman messed up)
3 bedroom condo for 4 nights was ~1200CAD split between 6 guys.
Lift ticket was ~120CAD for 3 day pass then ~37CAD for each additional day

I met the rest of my group in Whistler as they'd road tripped up from San Francisco. We did 4 days DH riding in Whistler then a day on the North Shore shuttling at CBC before they dropped me at the airport. After 4 days riding DH all day in Whistler I was tired by the 5th day when we shuttled. Anymore time in Whistler and I'd have either had a day off the bike doing other outdoors stuff or ridden the XC trails.

edit: Here's a random Youtube video of CBC where we shuttled on the North Shore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYXAaiCMs0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom