Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup it really is amazing the difference. Some kids on MTB's asked me for a race, I was on my road bike. They had the advantage from the start as one leg was unclipped, even so within 2 seconds launched past them and goodbye! :D I heard them moaning way back they lost the race :D

Bob you are a totally different person when someone agrees with you, If anyone prefers a different method to yours you become a right ass.

i dunno why you are so pushy all the time, you have decent knowledge of things but your obsession with ramming it down peoples throats is becoming a bit tiresome.

Just accept that some people like things their own way and arent wanting to instantly change to yours :)

Bob you are a totally different person when someone agrees with you, If anyone prefers a different method to yours you become a right ass.

i dunno why you are so pushy all the time, you have decent knowledge of things but your obsession with ramming it down peoples throats is becoming a bit tiresome.

Just accept that some people like things their own way and arent wanting to instantly change to yours :)

If kids on MTB crashing all over the place on and off the kerbs, on the pavement, bunny hopping over puddles:rolleyes: I'm certainly going to give them a piece of my mind. And the same for full suspension MTB'ers who think they're even suitable or close to a road bike (and that class covers several types of bikes, not just racers)

If kids on MTB crashing all over the place on and off the kerbs, on the pavement, bunny hopping over puddles:rolleyes: I'm certainly going to give them a piece of my mind. And the same for full suspension MTB'ers who think they're even suitable or close to a road bike (and that class covers several types of bikes, not just racers)

Theres a difference between being the most suited, and suitable.

Some people find a mountain bike suitable for their commute to and from work, even when a road bike would be most suited.

In a pretty lame way, some people are actually a bit less confident riding a bike with slim tyres and drop down handlebars. Some people feel happier with the versatility of their mountain bike, even though its considerably slower than a roadie.

I think we all know that a roadie is a lot faster and more efficient for a treck to work, but they arent to everyones tastes

why? just live and let live.

Theres a difference between being the most suited, and suitable.

Some people find a mountain bike suitable for their commute to and from work, even when a road bike would be most suited.

In a pretty lame way, some people are actually a bit less confident riding a bike with slim tyres and drop down handlebars. Some people feel happier with the versatility of their mountain bike, even though its considerably slower than a roadie.

I think we all know that a roadie is a lot faster and more efficient for a treck to work, but they arent to everyones tastes

I agree with this. I do 80% of my riding on the roads, but I have an XC bike with 2 sets of tyres - knobbly ones and slicks. The fact that I occasionally go mountain biking makes the versatility of the mountain bike easily worthwhile.

IMG_1611.jpg

Back top: full carbon roadie
Front top: SS commuter, errand, city bike
Back bottom: Fisher Paragon 29er HT, originally geared but now running SS 32/20
Front bottom: Turner Sultan FS 29er
Front: Turner Highline

Help me !!!

i can't make my mind up on what bike to buy out of these

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite 2008

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert 2008

Specialized Enduro SL FSR Comp 2008

Giant Trance X1 2008

SDK^ has already give me some help but my budget was a little less then but thanks to this thread i keep looking at bikes with bigger price tags :D

i like the looks of the Enduro but i don't know what the shocks are like, i also like the expert but wonder if its worth going for just to have the brain system and the brakes seem to get some bad reviews as well (Avid Ultimate 7) but SDK^ might be able to tell me what he thinks about them as i think they are on his bike, i know the Enduro SL Comp still has avid brakes but they seem to get better reviews than the ultimate.

please help me decide as i would like to order one today :D

Last edited:
Help me !!!

i can't make my mind up on what bike to buy out of these

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite 2008

Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert 2008

Specialized Enduro SL FSR Comp 2008

Giant Trance X1 2008

SDK^ has already give me some help but my budget was a little less then but thanks to this thread i keep looking at bikes with bigger price tags :D

i like the looks of the Enduro but i don't know what the shocks are like, i also like the expert but wonder if its worth going for just to have the brain system and the brakes seem to get some bad reviews as well (Avid Ultimate 7) but SDK^ might be able to tell me what he thinks about them as i think they are on his bike, i know the Enduro SL Comp still has avid brakes but they seem to get better reviews than the ultimate.

please help me decide as i would like to order one today :D

Impossible to say without knowing what your experience is and what you'll be doing with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom