Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Right guys I shall be after a new bike for next summer. Starting to save now as Ive got a car to save for too :p

Anyway, Ive been doing a bit of looking around and I think a Full Suser is in order. I wouldnt be using the bike as much as a commuter as my current bike due to having a car then so it would be more of a weekend toy.

Now Ive set my budget to £1500 tops but if I can save some cash from the budget for extra's like helmet, lights, computer etc.

Now after a short browse, the '09 Big Hit has caught my eye. What do you guys think of it? Any good?

Suggestions would be very welcome :)

Lights and a computer on a hucking bike?!

To be honest mate, the big hit is great for drops and going fast in a straight line, not so much for anything else especially in technical terrian.
If you have your mind set on a Specialized DH orientated bike, then I would rather go for a Demo 7 with triple clamps.

If you can stretch your budget a bit... read this
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Mongoose-Bootr-review-2009.html

... then go look at the amazing price!
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Cycle/7/Mongoose_Boot%27R_Team_2009/5360039222/

Alternatively if you cannot stretch the budget, I would head off to southerdownhill.com, register on the forums and prowl the for sale section. You can get hold of a Cove Shocker, Iron Horse Sunday Solid Mission 9, Commencal Supreme DH etc for around that price if you are savvy enough :)

Last edited:
I havnt got my mind set on anything in particular. Just as the Big Hit just looked good when looking through the bikes.

Cant reallt stretch the budget... £1500 max really. Got to save the other cash towards a car and insurance :p

For example, taken from Southerndownhill's forums

Code:
I have a 2007 Commencal supreme dh for sale. The bike has been used by me for roughly 11 months now. Although has only been used for about 8 due to a car hitting me when on my road bike. Was previously owned by a friend who races but sold it to me 3 months after he bought it due to injury. Mechanically the bike is sound, I stripped down the rear end about 3 months ago and regreased all the bearings. The du bushes and mount kit was replaced about a week ago as well. The forks are just about to get serviced as they could do with a quick oil change, I have also just replaced the bb with an xtr also shifter cable has been replaced as has chain and cassette. I have also replaced the stock x-7 for and x-9. Cosmetically there are a few paint chips but no dents or cracks. I would love to keep it but unfortunately an 09 is calling me  . 

The spec is as follows
 Frame: 07 Commencal supreme dh (Shock: Marzocchi Roco WC)
 Fork: 07 Marzocchi 888 WC
 Wheels: Sun Ringle Jumping Flea(?) on Sun Ringle Mtx Wheels (20mm, 12X150)
 Bars: Race Face Diablous
 Cranks: Race Face Diablous
 Bottom Bracket: Xtr
 Chain: Sram pc991
 Cassette: Shimano ultegra 11-23
 Mech: X-0 super short cage
 Shifter: x-9
 Headset: FSA Pig Dh Pro
 Stem: Marzocchi Direct Mount
 Tyres: 2.35 High Roller Slow reezay
 Brakes: Goodridged Formula Oro Biancho w/ 200mm Rotors

Looking for £1700
Might Split If Everything Goes
Based In Glasgow
Can post out if necessary

Any Additional questions and pictures pm me
Cheers
Dunk
pbpic2498744.jpg

I'm sure you can get him down to 1500 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom