Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little write up of my riding for the last week in Colorado and Utah:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=458300

Nice write up 6th, somebody was obviously good with a camera because those are some stunning photos! The views are extremely impressive, it really makes me want to do some MTB'ing outside of the UK, just haven't got the time or money at the moment to be able to :(

Just thought you lot should know that courtesy of this thread I have cleaned my bike up, fixed it and am back out on the trails this weekend.

I'm also in the market for a new ride so I'll be popping back in the next couple of weeks for some advice :)

Guess he just slammed on? I get this daily, but then again I go too fast.

You and me both matey. You'd be surprised at the reaction of idiot car drivers when they get annoyed that a bike is able to keep up with them.

On another note, I had a little punch up yesterday with an impatient driver who was upset at not being able to pass me due to roadworks and a plethora of traffic cones. His solution to getting me out of the way was to ram my back wheel and you'd guess right that a fair few expletives where issued in his direction.

This seemed to annoy him (although he wasn't half as p'd off as I was) and he exited his car and proceeded to swing his arms in my direction. I did warn him but then some people don't listen. I then inspected my bike, adjusted the brake blocks for the distortion of my rear wheel and headed on my way.

It was funny listening to the comments of fellow cyclists who had witnessed the event as they where quick to berate the car driver and then offer me aid. +1 to the cyclists.

It happens a lot allthough I've been lucky enough so far to not get involved in a punchup :p, sometimes I just wonder if its due to me being an inexperience cyclist when I run into problems, like I indicate into a second lane or to turn right and a car is behind me and I dare not move over for fear he might decide to barge past me last min.

Here in Manchester I dont see the point of using card in some parts, going down the Curry mile its total gridlock sometimes, proberbly due to the buses, I get thorugh much faster, its nice when behind a bus though, 30+mph easy :D, shame the roads are bumpy and all **** in manchester :(.

Wont be surprised if it comes back crushed from halfords :\

How did bike end up meeting with back of car? Guess he just slammed on? I get this daily, but then again I go too fast.

According to his son he just hit it near enough flat out.....i look behind me aproaching junctions like he did but usually cars don't stop suddenely. He hit the rear of a focus,which would be quite sore on the ribs i bet!

Ordered a fury frame for him,forks seem fine but the front wheel is humped. Not had a proper wash and look for cracks though.

According to his son he just hit it near enough flat out.....i look behind me aproaching junctions like he did but usually cars don't stop suddenely. He hit the rear of a focus,which would be quite sore on the ribs i bet!

Ordered a fury frame for him,forks seem fine but the front wheel is humped. Not had a proper wash and look for cracks though.

Do you work at Halfords?

I guess he's lucky, the Halfords near me the guys there try to con people and don't know what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom