Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As there's a distinct lack, have a bike photo from earlier today:
IMG_2012s.jpg

Did you not long ago just buy it?

Yea I did just buy it. Reason for sale is my route to work is so jam full of traffic, it's a pain constantly having to clip and unclip.
Also, the pot holes are so deep I might just get lost in one soon - you try and avoid them as much as you can, but due to the traffic it makes it difficult.
My puncture tally for last week was 5!!! So much glass on the road that's hard to aviod.

I'm building a FR hardtail that I'll just use to ride in - will just swap the tires when commuting/out in the woods

As there's a distinct lack, have a bike photo from earlier today:

Indeed, have some of my crappy ones :)
ps: soprry about the landscape ones that have not been rotated, just noticed it :P

23916677ps9.jpg

28421051hf0.jpg

71711156nm0.jpg

37459175hg2.jpg

53745750pa8.jpg

Manchester has pot holes all over too and is jammed full of traffic, you must not be used to clipping in, I still am not, sometimes Its instant, sometimes I just start pedalling unclipped as one foot is always clipped in. Its abit odd getting 5 punctures, I've had none so far and there is lots of rubbish about. You sure the punctures where not on the underside of the innertube meaning its the wheel frame causing punctures, maybe inner tube catching it?

Manchester has pot holes all over too and is jammed full of traffic, you must not be used to clipping in, I still am not, sometimes Its instant, sometimes I just start pedalling unclipped as one foot is always clipped in. Its abit odd getting 5 punctures, I've had none so far and there is lots of rubbish about. You sure the punctures where not on the underside of the innertube meaning its the wheel frame causing punctures, maybe inner tube catching it?

The clipping is easy, it's just no fun.
Also the |insert expletive here| drivers have absolutely no regard for you on my current route, and I just don't feel safe at all cycling so fast on a little roadie.

I would feel much more comfortable on a sturdier hardtail and be able to plough through the pot holes or make emergency jumps onto the pavement if needed

not new by any means, but its my new bike, bought it from someone in Aberwystwyth then drove up to nant yr arian to test it out :) trails were ok nothing great, but the bike felt awsome.

2913506594_aa1d593e36_o.jpg

Cheers , mine an 03 model but it almost looks like new :D needs a sticker for the opposite side as its ripped and the letter BI are missing so it reads GHIT :o

its running 04 shivers, rear shock is a fox rc , v12 pedals, hope 6pots and a few other little things :cool: gota get used to hydro brakes as their bloody sharp lol.

And the latest addition to the family.

kic2.jpg

Unforunately it stayed pristine for less than 12 hours as I managed to fly over the handlbars on a steep descent in bad weather near Aberystwyth. Bike shop knocked the dropout back into shape and it was back into action the next day.

Wheels were poached off my specialized as I decided that I've spent too much on bikes lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom