Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OcUK, help me choose a colour

They are not sprayed yet, and the distributer said that I need to choose (only 10 coming to the UK this year)

pbpic2512789.jpg

Whatya think the browny one or the white one?

Both coming with the Bos Idylle fork.
I'm leaning towards browny

Personally I woulda asked what colour people said I should get... then I woulda got the opposite lol :D

I actually think the brown one looks a bit more raw and industrial. Kinda like that look, over the white which makes it look too pretty to abuse! :D

Borrowed (as I now am very poor)
DT Swiss 5.1 on Hope 2 Hubs
XT brakes
Seat of some description

Getting free
Thompson Elite seat post
(whoop dee doo)

Buying
Unsure about the cranks, but I hear loads of racers use XT crank, either that or Raceface AM cranks
e.thirteen LG1 on a 38t G-ring
x9 shifter and dérailleur
Sram chain of some description
Sunline V1 direct mount stem and V1 wide handlebar
Not sure what else is needed off the top of my head
Hope headset

Any suggestions welcomed - light and cheap (if that's even possible :P )
Will most likely buy all other parts second hand if possible

Last edited:
I would go for XT (as long as its the newest one) over Raceface. The RF AM crankset uses the same BB as the XC and its...not great.

SRAM PC991 is better than XTR IMO. I'm still not convined about the Hope Head Doctor. It has improved over the years but the new one took a lot of force for me to get tight. I'll probably repace it with a headlock again.

HTH :)

SORRY FOR CAPS, BUT IM SO ANGRY I CAN CRY AND GO INTO A RAGE OF FURY.

GGRGRGRGRGGRGRGRGRGGRGRGRGRGGRGR

SX Trail is stolen!!!!

Shed broken, bike gone - peices of $*^% obviously seen me come home after last weekend, and came in through our back fence.

Great

SORRY FOR CAPS, BUT IM SO ANGRY I CAN CRY AND GO INTO A RAGE OF FURY.

GGRGRGRGRGGRGRGRGRGGRGRGRGRGGRGR

SX Trail is stolen!!!!

Shed broken, bike gone - peices of $*^% obviously seen me come home after last weekend, and came in through our back fence.

Great

So no new bike now? surely insurance will pay?

I think next time keep your bike in the house and lock it up like nothing, I'm kinda lucky where I live back at home as we got a wash house (utility room), I just wack it in there, and don't even lock it up and it's safe, I'd keep it in the house if my parents let me.

No insurance, only just moved into this house.
Never could get insurance before this, because we lived in shared accomodation.

Will need to figure out where my DH bike is going to be kept as the house isnt that big :(

That's IF i can still afford the bike...

:eek: Sorry to hear that!

We decided to bolt a huge metal bar in our shed to some 3x2. I always lock the bike around that, so if anyone breaks in the shed, there only gonig to get some garden tools thats all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom