Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'll just leave the bike in the spare room from now on...
The thing that geta my goat, is that I have a bus stopin front of my house and on Sunday after my ride I took the bike out of the back of my car, it must be then when they saw it... and broke in on thursday evening.

Thursday evening being the night I ordered my New Morewood and I couldnt sleep from 2 in the morning onwards because of my exitement. I heard a bang, but thought nothing of it.

Sorry to hear that, my mate had a similar thing happen last week. Broke into his shed and stole his 2 week old Specialized Tarmac Comp and had a very good go at nicking his Scott Ransom 20, scratching the frame quite badly in the process, fortunately they were disturbed and couldnt get the lock off. Good job too as he was only insured for about £2k, total value being nearer £4k.

It really is a sad state of affairs, cant have anything nice.

Annoys me to hear of bikes getting stolen. Half the time they don't know exactly what it is they have stolen! The high end road bike shop got broken into which basically put him out of business. A day or so after it two neddy looking folk came into halfords and didn't know what a presta valve was on a few thousand pounds worth of bike. It was off the stolen bikes(going by the hubs,rims,brakes combo) but the police couldn't do much.

Parts so far
Morewood Makulu Frame
BOS sextoy Shock
BOS Idylle Fork
Shimano Saint 2009 cranks and BB
DT Swiss 5.1 on hope 2 wheelset (hope hoops)
Shimano Xt brakes
Thompson Elite Seatpost
Troy Lee Designs Selle Italia Shiver Saddle
Sram x.9 super short dérailleur
Wellgo MG-1 pedals
Lizard Skin Peaty grips

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ordering this in the week for a change from my usual crazy light hardtails. Trek Fuel EX9 2009 :)

fuelex9_blastedaluminum.jpg

I rode one of these to size me up for my remedy 9, I have to say it was a nice bike. I also got a date of 19/01/09 for delivery of my new bike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom