Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few upgrades :)

Charge white grips, XT mech/shifters :)

Image336.jpg

Image339.jpg

Image340.jpg

Excuse the filth, road clag's bad this time of year and the bike gets filthy pretty much straight away. That's my excuse anyway ;)

Finally got my insurance payment through for my stolen bike. Went out and bought this machine for £480:

dsc06428mediumrw1.jpg

dsc06430mediumli9.jpg

Carrera Fury '08 (20")
* Ultra light 7005 20" aluminium frame with double butted main tubes
* Rock Shox Tora 318 U-Turn fork, travel adjusts from 85 to 130mm
* Motion Control adjustable rebound damping and lockout
* 27 speed SRAM X5 front mech, X7 rear mech, and X5 trigger shifters
* Powerful Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes, wavy rotors, 180mm front, 160mm rear
* Truvativ Blaze chainset with Powerspline bottom bracket and cartridge bottom bracket
* Sun XC DS2 double wall disc specific eyletted rims on Shimano M475 QR hubs
* Continental Gravity 2.3" tyres
* Double butted riser handlebars, cold forged stem, double clamp seatpost
* Colour: Metallic Grey

It's certainly a step up from my Giant Terrago, and has a massively improved spec. The Tora fork at this price is absolutely awesome. Only done some road riding so far, but it all feels pretty good. The X7 rear derailleur feels especially nice.:cool:

Should be taking it out in the mud at some point this week to really test it out.:)

Grrr, wish I can climb in a time capsule - I don't think I can wait any longer.
My Makulu was supposed to be with me already, but now they are delayed again, because the BOS shocks have not yet turned up in Petermaritzburg (Morewood factory)

They promise it will be with me soon after xmas, which is most likely January :(
Had contact with Dirtmag's Jonesey, who said it's the finest bike hes ever ridden, forget about the rest. I know it's only one person's opinion, but I cant help getting more exited.

See him stick it on the back of a £250 car... very much the same situation with me, my bike and el cheapo car :)

http://dirtmag.co.uk/news/category/...e-morewood-rage-and-peugeot/dirt-1234303.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom