Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMAG0005.jpg

My stumpy after doing W2 on Tuesday!

I'm back in Scotland for a couple of weeks holiday - with bike of course. Coming down a fast switchback section I turned into the below, through about 4" of mud, hit a root, over the bars and tumbled down the rocks. I now have a 12" cut
down 1 leg. I think I'll go buy some body armour. :|

weescott-ouchies.jpg

Just had my first proper ride out today on my Specialized Pitch Pro. Me and Blik (2-3 posts up) went to hamsterly forest. Done the black trail.. (bit extreme for a beginner but I didnt back off :) )

Was absolutely great fun, I love this mountain biking stuff. I cant believe how exhilarating it is. Money well spent :D

Was at buyabikedirect.co.uk last week picking my niece bike up not been there for years and the lush new bikes just sitting in the stands was nice wanted to buy a new one on the CC but In keep going on my Giant need to get the off road tyers on it.

I am turning more to road biking than mtb, find it better for the body but the mental side with all the cars not that great.

The DH track at Hamsterley looks awesome, just a shame it's so far for me :(
How far away are you from it?

edit: tried this run?
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/35988/

The black trail crosses through the DH section and from what I seen some of it looks pretty damn lethal :D.

That video is off the DH bit, not the more standard XC bit that i was on.

Its only about 40 mins from my house, so Im probably gonna be trying it a number of times to build up my confidence. Its very wet and boggy there at the minute. Some of the climbs are almost impossible with the sheer amount of roots and deep mud obscuring the way

i dunno. there are a few I think, I might start road cycling soon or track cycling. I met jamie staff and had a go on the watt bikes trying to beat his time and a bloke from a cycling club gave me his details :p

Just bought myself a christmas present, an On One Scandal hardtail frame, which I'm going to transfer all the bits from my somewhat upgraded Carrera Kraken onto. Looking forward to it, it loses over a kilo from the bike at a stroke and should be a better size for me too (I fit the Carrera medium, but it's a bit marginal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom