Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new build, Frame was bought from the bay and new pedals and other kit was transfered from the On one Inbred.

Only thing I have to say is that I will NEVER go back to a hard tail. Took it round Cwmcarn twice Monday and flew round, although had a front flat on the last section on the left berm :( ran down to the bottom as couldn't be arsed to change tyre as had cold fingers.

ta da.....

3151915530_e4fcfe0e25_b.jpg

3151917228_c4c9998760_b.jpg

Got a question - As it was my first time using spd pedals, I fell off when my front tyre blow out. Obviously bike hit the ground hard as well as me! Ive lost one of the small caps off my Egg beater MXR pedals.... anyone know off the top of their heads where I can get a new one from?

janesssssy, nice build! How was the frame if you dont mind me asking?

Nice choice of tyre's too, Im using them and cant fault them. Good grip / rolling ability!

How was the frame - Light, bouncy, fast! in a nutshell.
Or
How much was the frame (didnt know if it was a typo) £400

Love it, only done one ride so far, im doing the 50-60k ride on sunday so time will tell. I dont think much of the "Pro Pedal" on the DHX5.0, or it might not be working...... ebay. As said only ridden it once so im sure a lot of tweaking to be done.

Why is there so few roadies on here? :(

I is a roadie. Got my mountain biking out of my system in the late 80's. Back when it SIS shifters and rear brakes under the chainstay's. Non of this 6ft of suspension at both ends malarkey and bigger disk brakes than an F1 car ;)

Currently recovering from a "bells palsy" type problem so haven't been on the bike for a while.
Got until Easter Monday to get fit again and loose some weight since thats the date of the cycling clubs first 10 mile TT on the levens course(where Bradley wiggins set the record for 10 miles, 17:58 at an average speed of 33.4 mph!!)

Looking for some new wheels at the moment to replace my R500's. Top of the list are Fulcrum Racing 5 Evo's.

Yaayyy!!!!

Another roadie - we should start a new thread!!. :p

I'm also looking for a wheel upgrade for the coming season.

I had a bit of a nightmare recently when the puncture fairy visited twice after I ran over the metal frame of a roadsign in the dark a few weeks back and although they have been checked, my standard MOst Edho wheels just feel "different", although maybe thats just all in my mind and I'm using it as an excuse for an upgrade. :)

Dream wheelset is of course Campagnolo Bora Ultra's but coming down to earth with a bump, this months Cycling Plus did a group wheel test of sub £300 wheels and the Easton 50 SL's came out with 10/10. Look excellent value for the cash ( £225 ) and even though they are light enough to pretty much race on, they could also be used as an all rounder as they soaked the bumps and punishment up on the C+ test route.

First though - I'm going to grab a pair of those Quest Como's for £59 a pair to use as a winter/commuting wheel. Cracking price, canny go worng with that even if they are a little on the heavy side!!!. :D

Came off duty this morning for 3 days off and got the bike back yesterday after it being away for weeks so I'm grabbing something to eat and heading off out soon for a quick blast on a nice little local 40 mile route. Chilly, but dry here so really can't wait to get out.

I know when I'm on my umpteenth single malt later this evening I will feel slightly better/less guilty knowing that at least I got out earlier and did a wee bit. :p

I know what you mean about the ice skates, I went out today never been so cold had full base layers on and every thing, ice kept developing around the mouth piece of my hydration back pack it was just evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom