Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm, love the driver 8. Also the new Carbon fiber Blur XC2. Over 2k for frame only. Worth it? Hell Yeah!

Been commuting on my Heckler through the snow this week. Had to laugh when a gadgy on a folding bike ahead of me was sliding everywhere and I went past him full pelt throwing some snow up from my 2.35" tires in his face!

Thats it... where did you find it? Can I have it back :p

Where you getting the bike from?

1: No it's finders keepers :p

2: Ken Ellerker Cycles, which is my local Trek Dealer. A bit gutted I didn't get it today, so I could take it out tomorrow and bomb about in my local park, but I think he had the right to build up his first because he has waited two more months than me for his and I've been waiting over 4 months.

Well I got it finally not had chance to ride it yet.

I weighed it (using some fishing scales) with Shimano DX pedals on and it came in at 29.5 lbs

I have to say, I don't think I could have got a better bike for £2400

sup3rc0w I WIN !!! I got my pics up first do I win your Bike :p

here some pics I do apologise for the quality the kitchen is being refitted at the moment so lighting is poor and not much space to move about.

TrekSide1.jpg

EvoLink.jpg

E2Headset.jpg

Cockpit.jpg

Here is the shop owners which is already much lighter than mine, btw phone cam

Remedyshop.jpg

Last edited:
Well I got it finally not had chance to ride it yet.

I weighed it (using some fishing scales) with Shimano DX pedals on and it came in at 29.5 lbs

I have to say, I don't think I could have got a better bike for £2400

sup3rc0w I WIN !!! I got my pics up first do I win your Bike :p

here some pics I do apologise for the quality the kitchen is being refitted at the moment so lighting is poor and not much space to move about.

Here is the shop owners which is already much lighter than mine, btw phone cam

Very nice indeed!

What has that shop owner change to make it lighter apart from the tyre's and seat?

he stuck on dura-ace cassette, new stem, handle bars, carbon fibre headset spacers, going to replace seat post and rotors and I think reduce the cage length on the rear dérailleur as well, he was very big on reducing rotational weight.

Can anyone help me? I have juicy 3's and have had to remove both wheels, when i put the wheels back the pads rub a bit. Can you adjust them and if so how? there are the instructions to adjust the pads in the manual and i cant find anything online either. They say they auto adjust but i dont think that will fix the rubbing after wheel removal i think thats more for wear.

Can anyone help me? I have juicy 3's and have had to remove both wheels, when i put the wheels back the pads rub a bit. Can you adjust them and if so how? there are the instructions to adjust the pads in the manual and i cant find anything online either. They say they auto adjust but i dont think that will fix the rubbing after wheel removal i think thats more for wear.

you need to find the red spacers that they came with if you have them and push them in to open the pads up again. Did you pull the lever at all when you removed the wheels? I have had the same problem with the juicy 5's ramming a spacer in sorts it all out or a flat head screw driver but be careful with that one so not to damage the pads.

Are they binding on one pad or both? If that fails ^^, it just so happens, that I've just adjusted my juicy 3s, because they were binding on one of the pads.

The manual says to slacken off the two allen key bolts, then pump the lever a few times and hold it on. Tighten up the bolts and they should be right. As with most things though, it wasn't that simple for me, that made them worse. In the end I found the easiest way was to slacken off the bolts just enough to give the caliper a little bit of play then move it by eye, I could see light between one pad and the rotor but not the other.

Nah i didnt pull the lever when the wheel was off, they havent stuck together they are just ever so slightly rubbing on one side. I dont have a spacer they were on the bike when i got it. They are a right arse on, rather just have normal V brakes tbh.

edit
loosened the allen bolts facing the forks pumped and held then tightened and they are fixed, thanks... them manual doesnt really explain it very well

"snug the CPS bolts enough to hold the caliper in place. Spin the wheel and check for rotor drag."

what on earth is 'snug'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom