Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I fall asleep from all the roady talk about lights, anyone for some real bike action? :D

My bike ready to be built - pics of it built up on Sunday night after a ride or so ;)

n573901793_1471128_5301.jpg

n573901793_1471126_1906.jpg

n573901793_1471125_9953.jpg

n573901793_1471124_8434.jpg

Images sent to me this evening from the LBS - picking it up on Saturday morning :)

Im not no roady but Im after some new lights though, hence the talk :p

Anyway, that Morewood :eek: Im in love!

Wondering, when purchasing a bike like that, how do you go about insurance?

I'll let you off the hook then ;)

I have insurance, which will cover any item, no more worth than £4 000.
If i were ever to claim I'll claim £3900 :p

That Morewood's lovely... All it needs is an engine and it'd be perfect :D

The MC-E was only annouced by Cree in May 08, so it's still quite new in my book. The SSC P7 (which actually uses 4 individual Cree emitters, it's just assembled by Seoul) goes back to early 08 (at least for 900 lumen rated P7)

Doh, shot down in flames, you're right... I misread it, thought it was an older design.

So the one that I linked is good then? Looks perfect from the pictures #Chri5# posted anyway. I can see me blinding some people and drivers with one though. I think having two is just over the top :p

I'll let you off the hook then ;)

I have insurance, which will cover any item, no more worth than £4 000.
If i were ever to claim I'll claim £3900 :p

Is that with house insurance? The 'rents just renewed and said that my bike is covered even if it gets stolen away from the house. Value of upto £1000 which is good enough since I only have a Dawes Oxide atm :p Will be changing that though when I get a new bike.

So (sorry for light chat), what's the spec on the MC-E in that application? Just googled it and most torches are claiming around the 430 lumens mark...

In non-light related chat, I took the Scandal to work again because of early snow, but forgot to pump the tyres up first, it's only 3 miles home on the tarmac but almost half a mile of climb, with 30psi, drrraaaaaaaggg. And the snow had all melted :( But hopefully after trailbuilding on sunday we'll be able to do some snowy reds at GT or inners, should be good until we all crash and die. It's not had a real test since it got its new drivetrain, wheels and brakes so I want to see what it can do.

Last edited:
Won't be picking my bike up till tomorrow morning now as it was delayed getting on to the island but damn, I nearly did a sex wee when I saw it! Wasn't sure about the colour in the pictures but this is a thing of beauty.

Can't wait to ride it tomorrow. :D

Loving that Morewood Sup3rcow.

Well you say sleep, but I wouldn't be getting much tonight if I was picking that up tommorrow, its a bit gorgeous :cool: :D

In the process of getting really really drunk so I'll just pass out very soon :D
Also tend to wake up well early whwn i've been inebriated - so I can sit at the LBS front door for opening time :D x

I think that Morewood may have won the thread! Where's her first ride gonna be? Then where is her first proper ride gonna be??

25k in Swinley is hard going, I went there a couple of weeks ago and only did 15k but was riding for hours. the single track is in such a close proximity.

Yeah, I live about 5k away, so rode there & back so prob done approx 15k in the forest itself!

Some nice singletrack there and some short sharp ups and downs, was my first time there since I moved to the area :)

In the process of getting really really drunk so I'll just pass out very soon :D
Also tend to wake up well early whwn i've been inebriated - so I can sit at the LBS front door for opening time :D x

Dear god what a bad idea this was, feels like a truck hit me :(

I think that Morewood may have won the thread! Where's her first ride gonna be? Then where is her first proper ride gonna be??

Cheers mate.
Well I got a call last night to say m usual riding spot is closed. The snow from last week is now pure ice and too dangerous to ride :(
Looks like we will be goig to Woburn in stead just so I can get a leg over it.

Was planning on taking the best to CwmCarn next weekend for an uplift day, as a first real test of it. Want some place rocky instead of muddy mush!
Yeah, I live about 5k away, so rode there & back so prob done approx 15k in the forest itself!

Some nice singletrack there and some short sharp ups and downs, was my first time there since I moved to the area :)

I used to ride there al the time. So many nice trails out there to discover. Did you get to ride the Deer hunter and Labarynth trails?

Also, the gully is so much fun during the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom