Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good news then. No chance of your 'dodgy' neighbours seeing your new toy then.

Yea - I'm a miserable sod, didn't want to bring joy to the little faces of the kids in my neighborhood, by taking this out the backseat of the car :p

Made the pics a bit better, resized and orientated them better.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

The MG-1's are nice and light, but the pins tend to rip out quite easily on rock strikes.

Yeah, they're awesome for most riding but magnesium alloys are softer so they bend more easily than an aluminium pedal, and the threads have less integrity. But still, mine have done OK and I rockstrike frequently due to being a clumsy oaf :rolleyes:

Yeah, they're awesome for most riding but magnesium alloys are softer so they bend more easily than an aluminium pedal, and the threads have less integrity. But still, mine have done OK and I rockstrike frequently due to being a clumsy oaf :rolleyes:

They are also cheap as, so getting a new pair wont break the bank

We went to glentress today... Got up to the top car park and discovered it had been replaced with an ice rink, but for some reason decided to keep climbing. DId pennel's vennel, which was sketchy as anything, ended up walking a couple of sections and even then fell on my ****. Then, we thought "How bad can it get, let's do spooky woods". So, some climbing. Then some pushing. Then, some carrying :D About 4 inches of rutted, half-frozen snow on just about everything. I've never been so pleased to see mud in my life. "WOO! Traction! My old friend slippy clay, how I've missed you" Finally found some terrain nevegal 2.35s can't eat up, they absolutely fail at rutted snow/ice, just tramline on everything.

Not exactly a vintage day's riding, but I've never laughed so much on the trails before, it was just ridiculous. Thank **** for flats, I'd have been down about 20 times with clipless.

Luckily, everything from the car park down was rideable pretty much as normal, some ice (always in the corners for some reason) but mostly fine. So we got a nice thrash down on the blues and reds to finish off. Wish I'd had a camera though :(

Last edited:
Love the Morewood - you'll sure have some fun on that.

Those gold SX Trails also look awesome.

I tested a Specialized S Works Epic today and boy was it rapid climbing. I sprinted past 6 people on a long steep climb like they were standing still. Sadly the bike is all over the place on any thing bumpy so I will defo not be buying one..... unless I start XC Racing.

Last edited:
Mmm, I prefer the fatter one in mud but I think you're right, the 2.1 would probably have been much better in snow. And I only swapped them last night :rolleyes: Last week in the fresh snow I was running the fat one on the rear with a 2.1 Stick-E on the front, no doubt The Internet would sneer at that one but it worked well for climbing and still was plenty grippy for the downs.

Yea - I'm a miserable sod, didn't want to bring joy to the little faces of the kids in my neighborhood, by taking this out the backseat of the car :p

Made the pics a bit better, resized and orientated them better.

Very nice, Just got back from France and the remedy made mince meat of every thing I chucked it at from the steep drops, endless rocks and it climbs well as to boot

The only scare I had was coming up to bushes with French people sitting in them with rifles sticking out the end .

Very nice, Just got back from France and the remedy made mince meat of every thing I chucked it at from the steep drops, endless rocks and it climbs well as to boot

The only scare I had was coming up to bushes with French people sitting in them with rifles sticking out the end .

The remedy is on the list for me as a second bike - for everything else as it were, but it will have to wait for now.
It's a close call though between the remedy and the Morewood Ndiza - which theoretically is a 4x bike

Been reading about the bears at whistler in this months mbuk, some really scary stuff! It'd be bad enough running over an irrate rambler, imagine how pee'd off a bear would be :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom