Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice guys, I've got a massive load of work to do tonight so I'll probably do some retail therapy after haha, so I'll mail order it, crc have been very good with things in the past that do not fit etc.
I am after SPDs I've got the pedals and cleats its just I grew out of my old shoes.

Northwind - you are absolutely correct, I do use them for lack of technique ;)

I have always and will always wear Skate type shoes and have worn mine riding.
The 5.10 just has so much more grip, so much so that the only negative thing I can say is that sometimes it's too grippy!

I have ben in situations where I couldn't move my foot from a awkward pedal position.
Few shoes have dominated the Racing scene like these do - be it a "fashion fad" I doubt it, but each to his own :)

I have ben in situations where I couldn't move my foot from a awkward pedal position.

Yeah, I've had that too, it's annoying isn't it :)

Actually, just thinking here but I bet I could use smaller pins with the 5 10s, not a performance benefit but it'd stop my gouging my legs! (Not a problem when I'm riding, but I keep rattling the pedal into the back of my calf when I'm pushing, ow ow ow.)

Check out Cycle Sports UK, they're offering 10% discount over £100 spent. Plus if you have spent over £50 in previous orders, you get 5% loyalty discount.

I just ordered:

1 x Maxxis Minion DHF Front 26 x 2.7 Tyre Super Tacky 42a
1 x Avid Elixir Disc Brake Pads
1 x Maxxis Minion DHR Rear 26 x 2.50 Tyre
1 x Race Face Atlas AM Alloy Low Riser 31.8mm
1 x Race Face Diabolus Grips (With Locks)
1 x WTB Speed V Comp Saddle
1 x DMR V8 Pedals

And got £26 odd discount. :D

Oh no, the pads are for the Stumpy. Don't particularly like the white on the SXT plus I wanted to take advantage of the 10% discount. I was going to change all those bits eventually anyway, think it'll look much better black/copper. :cool:

Yeah, will do. I'll weigh the new and old bits as well, see what the difference is. I'm not that bothered if it's heavier, it only goes downhill at the moment anyway.

Finally done a few pics of my 09 EX9, sorry for the delay, been too busy ragging it for the past couple of months.

ex91.JPG

ex92.JPG

ex93.JPG

sean

Stunning bike mate

What size is this?

roughly whats the toptube length?

Thanks

Ok it seems pointless to start a brand new thread for a small question, which im sure you guys can sort me out with..wheres the best places to get a bike from the net on Finance..
now most places use Black Horse finance, and well they hate me and my family on their criteria, so really anymore out there that dont use black horse?

Ok it seems pointless to start a brand new thread for a small question, which im sure you guys can sort me out with..wheres the best places to get a bike from the net on Finance..
now most places use Black Horse finance, and well they hate me and my family on their criteria, so really anymore out there that dont use black horse?

Eveyone uses 0% Black Horse afaik

Why not sort out a loan from your bank or whoever first, then you won't be limited for shops and choice?

Because finance on a bike is normally interest free

can you guys recommend me some good cycling shoes and some bib shorts
I'm size 8 in shoe and a medium in the shorts
I'd like the shoes to look nice as well as be comfy.
The ones I've lined up are http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22308
I've had shimano shoes before and they have been good.

I've got about 70 pounds to spend

Thanks
I'm a fan of Shimano shoes, I've a few different pairs. For bibs I currently like my Hincapie HC-12 ceramics, if I can find somewhere giving away Assos bibs I'll try those at some point. I think they're just slightly out of budget though ;)

Just ordered some new All Mountain wheels \o/
Roval Traversee wheel set - Combined weight : 1579g

Stronger and much lighter than the standard DT Swiss 420's I'm currently running.

Bringing my bike weight down to 12.8kg (28.2lbs)

Will post some pics once I've fitted them :)

Last edited:
Love the look of the Rovals Specialized fit to the top end road bikes, no good for a fat git like me though.
Saying that my £60 Shimano WH-R500's have done a 1000miles with out going out of true and no puncutures in the vrederstein(sp) tyres either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom