Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A full annual service.
I've been using the bike for almost a year and the Fork has been faultless during that time. Specialized replaced the shock under Warranty because the rebound on full wasn’t returning properly but I didn't notice it whilst riding.

No other problems

For the second time, because I think it's that damn lovely,

Racelink1.jpg

When my bike is that clean again i'l take that picture with the new boxxers. Bring on Europe!

how much those s works specialized bikes cost? must be looking at 1k+ easy right?

Just a bit more than that ;)

Full S-Works bike : £4,000
S-Works Frame set - Frame, Shock, Fork, Front Derailleur & Seat Post: £2500

My bike : Enduro SL Pro Carbon £3,000

The S-Works frame is constructed using a better Carbon weave in the US which makes it a touch lighter.

Wow that's stunning:eek:
What size frames this?
Frame = Large

Last edited:
Just a bit more than that ;)

Full S-Works bike : £4,000
S-Works Frame set - Frame, Shock, Fork, Front Derailleur & Seat Post: £2500

My bike : Enduro SL Pro Carbon £3,000

The S-Works frame is constructed using a better Carbon weave in the US which makes it a touch lighter.

Frame = Large

:eek::eek::eek:

wow, you must be loaded dude. do you ride for a club or do country or ride/competite in big tornies?

or just like ot ride cool bikes...

i got a rockhopper 08 v break which yes only 390 but it a wicked bike. though looking at those FS bikes i bet they must be nice to ride, esp with those forks:)

:eek::eek::eek:

wow, you must be loaded dude. do you ride for a club or do country or ride/competite in big tornies?

or just like ot ride cool bikes...

i got a rockhopper 08 v break which yes only 390 but it a wicked bike. though looking at those FS bikes i bet they must be nice to ride, esp with those forks:)

I just ride for fun.
A lot of the bikes you see in this thread are £2k+. The Giant Glory above probably cost nearly £4k and the Brooklyn the same.

Generally speaking if a bike looks like it cost £1k then it probably cost 3 or 4x that much.

Also, dont forget, weescott's - Heckler, barkey52's - Trek Remedy 9, Jimi's - SX Trail II and Supercow's - Morewood Makulu, which I still go weak at the knees everytime I see it :p :D

6thElement has far too many bikes for me to remember :p

There was another Giant Glory posted in here iirc. Forgot who it belongs too though.

Soon enough, I will be joining the £2k+ group ;)

Last edited:
Do most of you ride in clubs, groups with friends or sometimes alone? Whats the weekly mileage you do generally as someof the distances are massive!! 70 miles!! good god.

We've had brilliant weather here for a change. Didn't get chance to get out on the bike though with having to do a few jobs around the house that Ive been putting off for the few weeks :p

Lovely and sunny round here today, if a little cold.
Sneaked out for a quick ride down the prom, the temp gauge on computer started dropping rapidly even in the sunshine at 4:30.
Then i turned round into a headwind and the could tell it was colder, the battery warning indicator starts to flash when it gets too cold.

Next week is looking nice so hopefully be able to cycle to work again.

Had fun tweaking the cleats on my new Specialized BG shoes while out.
Talk about pain getting em right. But at least my feet aint being squashed now.

I'm just glad I got my bike when I did as it would cost at least 25% more now.
With high material costs and the low pound prices have gone through the roof.

For example

Shimano XT M770 Chainset
08 Price £120
09 Price £200

RockShox Lyrik Solo Air
08 Price £650
09 Price £900

2009 is a bad time to be buying a bike and parts.

Do most of you ride in clubs, groups with friends or sometimes alone? Whats the weekly mileage you do generally as someof the distances are massive!! 70 miles!! good god.
I ride with friends and people i've met in others groups. There are always people to ride with every week.

I usually do about 25-30miles (off road) each week, either at local or Welsh trails.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really lucked out with my bike but the prices have gone up massive amounts that's why I went for some unbranded el'chepo chainrings, if I went for the shimano ones it would have cost me more than I paid for the full chainset. Only time will tell if the ones I bought are any good but for the the price I paid its worth a shot.

did the dalby red route the weather was decent a bit cold though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom