*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
But what do you eat?

Calorie deficit is the key to lose weight. Exercise do burn energy but it takes a lot to burn say the same calories as a Big Mac, about running 10k, average distance for playing a whole football match to burn just 600 calories. It’s kinda crazy.

I suspect the plateau is caused by the balance of the 2 now.

I would tend to agree. I am generally quite carb heavy but I'm a traditional yorkshire man meat and 2 veg sorta guy. Sandwich for lunch, bag of crisps here and there.

Caporegime
I would tend to agree. I am generally quite carb heavy but I'm a traditional yorkshire man meat and 2 veg sorta guy. Sandwich for lunch, bag of crisps here and there.

Cut out the crisps would be my first move. I find they are the most calorie heavy but not hunger satisfying foods. So easy to gorge of them and the suffer in the waistline.

If you can manage it, cut out the drinking too, perhaps half it. Drink bottles instead of pints perhaps. Same number per night but just bottles, so you are physically consuming less calories but not changing your routine.

Soldato
@MR_Punk - amazing progress so far. I guess the question is what’s your end game? If you’re satisfied with things now, carry on! If you want to lose more, I guess you need to think about things in more detail. Sounds like you’ve got the right idea. I’m mostly venting my own frustrations, as I’ve not been able to kick myself back into a really serious cut since Christmas. Have I changed shape, or put on loads of weight? No. Am I where I could be? Also No.

This week has been derailed somewhat with a work conference, but I guess life is for living.

Soldato
OP
I was more coming from the fact I've managed to lose over 20kg without micro analysing everything I eat.
Which is great, well done. But... think about how things have changed since you began. You're probably fitter now and you weigh less, so an hour of football might only burn 500 cals instead of maybe 800 when you started. Then, your BMR will be less, maybe 200 cals a day less, now that you're lighter. If you haven't changed anything since you began, it's normal to plateau.

Again, it's energy in vs energy out, so you kinda need to know both sides of that equation.

Soldato
Which is great, well done. But... think about how things have changed since you began. You're probably fitter now and you weigh less, so an hour of football might only burn 500 cals instead of maybe 800 when you started. Then, your BMR will be less, maybe 200 cals a day less, now that you're lighter. If you haven't changed anything since you began, it's normal to plateau.

Again, it's energy in vs energy out, so you kinda need to know both sides of that equation.

That makes a lot of sense and something I've not thought about. I think it's time to look at my diet. My goal is to get under 100kg and see how I look / feel and then make a decision on where to go next.

Soldato
@MR_Punk - amazing progress so far. I guess the question is what’s your end game? If you’re satisfied with things now, carry on! If you want to lose more, I guess you need to think about things in more detail. Sounds like you’ve got the right idea. I’m mostly venting my own frustrations, as I’ve not been able to kick myself back into a really serious cut since Christmas. Have I changed shape, or put on loads of weight? No. Am I where I could be? Also No.

This week has been derailed somewhat with a work conference, but I guess life is for living.

The main thing is I've not found it hard and looking back I'm a bit annoyed I let myself get so big. The real test will be when I get to a weight I'm happy with to maintain it and not slip back

Soldato
i'm still stuck at 224-6lbs... suppose huge pasta bake I made for 6 and eaten by 2 again didnt help...followed by chocolate LOL
but no increase over all so its still there..

last June, when i was channging jobs, new trousers I had to buy for the office were 40..over few monhts swapped them for 36 ...went to the mall on Saturday and tried some Levi's
ended up getting size 33 :eek: ok, 512's are bit stretchy, but still are not tight in the waist- or under whrer they rest...
so bought them :cool:
size smaller and my legs would not get in LOL

so weight is not all ;)
yes, i want few lbs less still ;)

happy monday all

Soldato
Yeah, true on weight not being everything. When i was working away from home for around a year, when i first started running and going to the gym as not much else to do, i was around 94kg by the time i came home, but looked much better/slimmer than when i've been 95kg around this time last year.

I'm hoping when i have my house built and have my home gym i can start doing more strength work. I know i could still do more than i do in the current house rather than making excuses though and thinking i'll suddenly be different in another situation.

Caporegime
no change from Friday, but I don’t know why the scales always make a big drop on the weekend, twice in a row now lol.

But at least after going to dim sum, and then had 4 egg tarts not done any harm lol

If you ignore that sudden drop…probably some glitch, then it’s still good.

4abO2rX.jpeg

Associate
I stopped drinking completely at the new year and not had a drop of alcohol (usual pub goer after work), cut down the weekly takeaways (only had 4 in the last 3 months) and was disappointed to see I haven't lost a single pound. Although I haven't done any exercise due to some health issues in the last six weeks

Soldato
I stopped drinking completely at the new year and not had a drop of alcohol (usual pub goer after work), cut down the weekly takeaways (only had 4 in the last 3 months) and was disappointed to see I haven't lost a single pound. Although I haven't done any exercise due to some health issues in the last six weeks

That is surprising. Any uptake of other snacking as an alternative to alcohol?

Soldato
OP
I only started 3 weeks ago…there’s no quarterly lol
Ha ha, fair. Assuming you don't mean in a literal sense though (it lets you use Quarterly, right?) I would still be looking at that as a minimum. It's not about the period of time it covers, it's about what each point represents. In monthly it shows each individual measure, which we're saying isn't very good to monitor. Switch to quarterly and keep an eye on your weekly average, which you should have 3 or 4 of by now :cool:

Back
Top Bottom