*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Soldato
It's funny. I don't look at thread stats very often and I know I started this thread and all, but it often feels like I read more than I post, so I was a little surprised to see myself sitting in the #1 position :cry: You're only just behind, but then there's quite a gap. (Do you qualify for one of the £20's? :cry: )

Haha maybe i should do!

I guess you'll have been more prolific when you were actively dropping, whereas now it's just maintenance

Last edited:
Soldato
Delicious.

I went out Friday as expected. Pleased with myself for having the Foie Salad as opposed to the big pile of calamari that some others had. However i then proceeded to eat my bread, half my wifes bread, then my main, part of my wifes main, drink a bottle of red followed by a large rum and then realised one of the other guests didn't eat their bread roll so polished that off too :D

Yesterday was the wifes birthday which involved cake for breakfast. Although we then didn't have dinner and then had a meaty bbq for tea.

Still have cake left for today, but i feel a slightly renewed intention to be good this month.....we'll see.

Soldato
Not as much as a drop from Monday to today as i'd have liked, but not particularly concerned. Been a decent week so far, with 3x days out on the bike and relatively decent food intake. Have arranged to meet a local guy on Sunday morning for a longish ride too so hopefully that keeps the weekend alcohol demons at bay :D

Keep thinking how nice it'd be to have some nicer scales. I currently have some Eufy ones, but really dislike the app and the lack of Garmin integration is annoying. The Garmin scales are extortionate and by all reviews pretty crap and old now. The dream is a replacement to be released but no-one seems confident of that. Odd to neglect that product range but not allow more integrations. I know it can read from Apple/MFP, but the process never seems to work very nicely/consistently.

Withings have released their new model which looks great with a full body scanner. It's expensive at €400 but some of the metrics look awesome! Vitality offers 20% off Withings but annoyingly not the Body Scan. The Body Comp seems to include a lot of cool stuff though at a more wallet friendly price point. Anyone got one?

EDIT - Hadn't realised Withings also had a subscription model. Need to try and work out what isn't offered without it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think it's the amount of suger in them. It's mental. I thought these drinks are healthier than Fanta or ribena

Noooo, fruit juice like OJ is like drinking full fat coke. There is actually more calories per 100ml in OJ than Coke.

If you must, drink it with bits, at least there is more fibre. Eating whole fruit is different, the fibre is what counts and a whole orange will get you perhaps 100ml of juice anyway and nobody sits down and eat 3 oranges in 1 go, but easily can drink 300ml of OJ quite easily.

If you love Pineapple, I suggest getting a fresh one, cut it all up then freeze it. Each 1 piece at a time during the summer, it is fantastic. Like a lollipop. I remember buying these in Hong Kong as street food as a kid on a stick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom