*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Caporegime
Not lost any weight for a few of weeks. Need to get back on the wagon, but at least not put it back on. I've been eating ice cream too in the evening! The difference between today and the lowest is only 200g, less than a cup of coffee.

Jl8IFVFl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a little uneasy about Body Pump, mixing cardio with weights seems like a recipe for injury - although to be fair I did injure myself slightly doing some single arm rows recently.

The class teacher should be teaching proper technique, instructing attendees on the correct weights to use, and to stop if they feel any sharp discomfort, just the same as doing any running, etc. If the class is run properly, it's no different to circuit training or crossfit, both of which have significant proven benefits to functional fitness.

Soldato
Slightly disappointing morning weigh for me. I've had a decent week (little snacking, decent amount of exercise and little booze) Pretty much the same as i was Monday which whilst not a big deal, is still a jump from this time last week.

I'm just taking the positive that i know i've been well enough behaved. Probably due to the 10litres of water i keep having to drink because of the heat!

Soldato
Slightly disappointing morning weigh for me. I've had a decent week (little snacking, decent amount of exercise and little booze) Pretty much the same as i was Monday which whilst not a big deal, is still a jump from this time last week.

I'm just taking the positive that i know i've been well enough behaved. Probably due to the 10litres of water i keep having to drink because of the heat!
I've had weeks like that, and it is quite demoralising. Keep at it mate!

Soldato
Well my weight has continued to climb. Now at 104.9kg!

I'd honestly thought i'd had a decent weekend, with no booze on Friday, only a pint and red wine with lunch on Saturday and then a reasonable bike ride yesterday and maybe 4 small beers after. To prove the point. I bought a load of delicious Warburtons Toastie on Friday and there's still half left. Days gone by it would've been demolished!

Associate
I'm a little uneasy about Body Pump, mixing cardio with weights seems like a recipe for injury - although to be fair I did injure myself slightly doing some single arm rows recently.
i wouldn't worry too much about Body Pump. If you treat it more like a conditioning class and less about building muscle and keep the weight relatively low it should be fine. I did it for about 6-8 months and never had an issue. I did it twice a week sometimes three times, it wasn't really effective in building muscle but it was effective in on the conditioning side.

Soldato
Well my weight has continued to climb. Now at 104.9kg!

I'd honestly thought i'd had a decent weekend, with no booze on Friday, only a pint and red wine with lunch on Saturday and then a reasonable bike ride yesterday and maybe 4 small beers after. To prove the point. I bought a load of delicious Warburtons Toastie on Friday and there's still half left. Days gone by it would've been demolished!

Conversely, I've gone massively 'overbudget' 4 days out of the last 7, and have somehow maintained the same weight. I know people go 'eat less and move more lol' but it is sometimes a bit more perplexing than that!

Last edited:
Associate
i wouldn't worry too much about Body Pump. If you treat it more like a conditioning class and less about building muscle and keep the weight relatively low it should be fine. I did it for about 6-8 months and never had an issue. I did it twice a week sometimes three times, it wasn't really effective in building muscle but it was effective in on the conditioning side.

Is that alongside resistance training?

Soldato
Back from a week in Dubai with work, then centre parcs with the family - weighed in this morning a shade under 94 against an all time low of 92.4 so I am very happy with that. Kick on this week before heading to download this coming weekend.

Don’t forget to log your activity in the mosh pit and try not to lose weight by eating from the cheapest burger van! Super jealous, the line up looks brilliant. I presume you’ve got your Busted and Wheatus T-shirts neatly packed?! Not been since 2016 and it was a miserable washout - I hope you have better luck with the weather!

Soldato
Hit 900 days streak of logging food on MFP today. I had forgotten how much less fun dieting to lose weight is vs to build muscle.

I’ve clearly been eating too much as I quite unexpectedly managed to bench my body weight for a triple today. Never done that before! The gym is getting refurbished after next Monday so I’ll be forced back into the swimming pool I think (or spin class if I can time them right).

Last edited:
Soldato
Don’t forget to log your activity in the mosh pit and try not to lose weight by eating from the cheapest burger van! Super jealous, the line up looks brilliant. I presume you’ve got your Busted and Wheatus T-shirts neatly packed?! Not been since 2016 and it was a miserable washout - I hope you have better luck with the weather!
Funny story I have actually seen Wheatus a few years back when they played a 200 person venue in my local town. We ended up taking their support band / act out to one of the local nightclubs afterwards

Associate
Is that alongside resistance training?

At the start of loosing weight no, I just did a mix of cardio (mainly running and swimming) and then added body pump. After a few years I swapped out body pump for PT led strength training.

In case it might be interesting, my previous PT was my body pump instructor and then my PT, so they where pretty honest about body pump's limitations, which is generally technique, if it's a relatively big class they don't have time to individually correct your form, at low weights it's not much of an issue. But if you go heavier then technique starts to matter a lot more, particularly with anything that involves pivoting at the hip like a deadlift.

Back
Top Bottom