*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Associate
I've started doing the following; 2200 calories (at least 160g of protein), 10k steps a day minimum, weights 4 times a week and HIIT (building up to Norwegian 4 by 4) once a week.

I'm taking it a little easy on the weights following an injury but the walking has really helped me bounce back - the last two days I've got back to my lowest weight of 242 pounds or 109.8 kg.

Caporegime
I seem to have reached equilibrium for the past three weeks. Not changed from 99.4kg which is good considering I have fallen off the wagon and scoffing a metric tonne of biscuits each week.

Things really step up on Monday though as I begin a half-marathon training plan with more strength training and yoga included. Must eat more fruit instead of biscuits!

Soldato
Lucky *******. Last weeks optimistic week has been a bit ruined this week. Not been particularly bad, but bought my wife 2 bars of chocolate (didn't know which she'd prefer), she then didn't like either so i ate them. Them were 950kcal per bar :eek:

Have started some weight training too to try and mix things up now i've setup my home gym.

Last edited:
Lucky *******. Last weeks optimistic week has been a bit ruined this week. Not been particularly bad, but bought my wife 2 bars of chocolate (didn't know which she'd prefer), she then didn't like either so i ate them. Them were 950kcal per bar :eek:

Have started some weight training too to try and mix things up now i've setup my home gym.
How big were the bars of chocolate? :eek:

Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
Not even that big, maybe take a sheet of A4, fold it in half, and then half again. They just seemed to be massively calorie dense!

It's 200g still.

Just compared it to Dairy Milk and that has 534cal per 100g so Dairy Milk is worse, that looks darker so technically more healthy. I would say 200g would be 5 bars of regular chocolate as they would be 40g each usually. So works out about right.

Soldato
I've never had Spanish chocolate, did it have a nice taste? It looks like it could be the same as the thick chocolate dip you get with churros.

It was alright, but i'm much more of a fan of cheap milky chocolate like Daily Milk/Galaxy!

@Raymond Lin Yeah it was purely just me being fat. Told everyone i had no will power once something was opened! It wasn't *too* bad when i thought we were sharing the bar as that's only ~500kcal each. It was just when the wife pushed it aside that it got extra unhealthy

Soldato
I have also been eating pringles at night around 9pm the last few days too....but only about 1/4 of a tube each time...
Wife bought a tube of pringles yesterday, I've somehow managed to keep them holstered...

She also turned up with a Turkish Delight (one of my favourites) and that's also still in its packet, at least until the weekend.

Last week, I ate badly for 5 out of the 7 days, having had a curry out with a friend, wetherspoons food, few beers, ice cream, large cod & chips (and I mean LARGE) from the local takeaway, a full english, and loadza pizza.
On Sunday I thought I'd be extra healthy, and while others were ordering the steak & eggs for brunch, I ordered the fisherman's breakfast to avoid the red meat. Turned out it had:
- 2 large mackerel fillets
- 2 poached eggs drizzled with hollandaise sauce
- A few fried new potatoes
- A thick rasher of bacon

Was well over 1,000 calories, but delish.

This week I reset again, as I always find it easier to eat carefully / train when I'm at home rather than out with the family, and have had a good week.

Weighed in this morning at 13st 3lbs which is my joint lowest weight for the last 10 years, so even though I'm really enjoying food at the moment, I'm still managing to lower / maintain a decent weight.
My strength training has gone down a bit so I'm conscious that some of that might be loss of muscle mass, not sure. I'm feeling pretty skinny though :D

Father's day fry-up on the weekend, can't wait!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wife bought a tube of pringles yesterday, I've somehow managed to keep them holstered...

Weighed in this morning at 13st 3lbs which is my joint lowest weight for the last 10 years, so even though I'm really enjoying food at the moment, I'm still managing to lower / maintain a decent weight.

You and I weigh almost exactly the same at the moment. I am doing no training though besides walking. There is also a lot of stress happening that honestly taken away my appetite in the past couple of weeks...not the way to lose weight but I will take it anyway.

5aUjzNBl.jpg

Soldato
You and I weigh almost exactly the same at the moment. I am doing no training though besides walking. There is also a lot of stress happening that honestly taken away my appetite in the past couple of weeks...not the way to lose weight but I will take it anyway.

5aUjzNBl.jpg

Sorry to hear you're going through it at the moment. I know what you mean about stress reducing appetite. The stress puts strain on your body anyway that food would've done, so mindfulness might come in to play here, trying to clear your mind a bit. Always easier said than done!

Not hopeful for tomorrow mornings weigh in. Eaten a lot of crap this week, fully expect to have gained.
As long as you enjoyed the food... I get really annoyed with myself if I eat something that's several hundred calories and I haven't even enjoyed it! I had a HUGE cod & chips with curry sauce last week, and, MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING. No problem spending ~ 2000 cals on that :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a weekend of food and drink-related debauchery, felt physically ill because I ate so much, felt positively relieved to go back to some sort of dietary structure today.

Soldato
back from 6 days in Spain.
cycling trip, 4 days of excercise ;)
coffees, pastries, ice cream ,pizzas, beers etc.
added approx 4lbs and that is me weighted this morning, after almost whole weekend at home and finishing some spanish biscuits i brought home ;)

not bad i think...bad to diet thingy now...

Soldato
Went bananas on the buffet at Taylor Swift on Tuesday, approx 3,600 cals that day. Been balancing it out ever since! Weighed in this morning at 13st 5lbs which I'm fairly happy with considering I've been treating myself a fair bit this week.

Soldato
Good work.

I'm higher this week than last week. Impressive considering i've just been through my records and worked out the following

31/05 102.4kg
21/06 104.3kg

So added 1.9kg

In those 3 weeks, i've supposedly burned 14,525kcal during activites recorded on my watch using a HR strap and power meter for the cycling activies which make up the majority.

If i assume my baseline is 2000kcal, and 1.9kg equates to around 4000kcal (i think 1kg weight loss is ~2000kcal) which over 21days is around 190kcal, and 14,525kcal divided by 21 days is an average of 692kcal/day

Then i can assume that my average daily calories is 2882/day. I know reported calories on devices is usually a bit on the high side, but still. I'm sure i'm not that unhealthy!

Back
Top Bottom