*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

BMI of 31.9 and weighing 12 stone seems off, unless you're really short? Some of the standard charts i just looked at would put you around 4ft 9ish?

Good luck though. Losing that much weight from an already lowish starting point will be tough. Keep checking in on the thread with updates :)

Because you're a relatively unusual height, obviously now you've said you're 5'1 it makes sense.

Its funny, one of my childhood friends is 6 ft 7. I met him a few months ago after not seeing him for 20ish years, I had to ask him to stand back a bit as I was up to his chest lol.

103.5kg this morning. Not quite the drop i had been hoping for July, but the benefit being i've not bounced up into the 104's this week which i often do. Have been nailing MFP this week and feel some nice motivation to continue. Although some issues have meant not much cycling this week.

Downside being I started some weights yesterday and my quads are dying today!

Last edited:
Went to watch the Euro final last week and actually ate surprisingly well considering what was around. Portion control wasn't too bad, and for the killer 6-7am train journeys across Germany in the morning, they actually had pretty decent breakfast options at the stations (much better than the obligatory pasty shops we have in the UK!). One place sold coffee etc, but also did varieties of porridge with bits of apple, banana and walnut in amongst others - I was really impressed and relieved, because I can't start the day with a chocolate croissant - My belly would NOT be happy about it.

Haven't been to the gym at all this week, and not done all that much exercise either. Felt a bit ill with a coldy thing, and knackered from all the travel last weekend (saw 5 cities in 3 days!). Had a beer and a bit of chocolate last night, so naturally, I've lost weight. :confused: In at 13st 3lbs. Guessing that might be a slight loss of muscle mass from not doing much training at the gym over the last fortnight.

I'm in Spain next week (Torrevieja - Waves at @Martynt74 :D ) for a couple of weeks, so the training isn't likely to get any more rigorous, and I'm unsure what the food will look like, as it depends what mood I'm in as to what and how much I eat. There's a Lidl at the bottom of the road where our apartment is, so I'll be likely to be eating what I always do for breakfast, and will have some of the usual healthy stuff in for meals in. The meals out might vary though, and portions might be different because I'll be out and about and eating whenever I get food, rather than eating at specific times like I'm used to at the moment.

Awesome. Not far away at all, maybe 40 minutes or so! Torrevieja always gets a bad rep but i actually quite like it. The promenade bit is a nice easy walk and there's some nice squares etc once you venture in a bit. Nice enough for a day trip anyway.

Depending on your food choices, we found an amazing Korean BBQ place which we really liked.

You're in for a bit of a heatwave for next week, but hopefully it chills out a bit after that!

Its funny, one of my childhood friends is 6 ft 7. I met him a few months ago after not seeing him for 20ish years, I had to ask him to stand back a bit as I was up to his chest lol.
I know that feeling I'm only 5'5 some of my friends and guys I used to work with on the door were well over 6ft so I generally look like the little kid stood next to them :D

Awesome. Not far away at all, maybe 40 minutes or so! Torrevieja always gets a bad rep but I actually quite like it. The promenade bit is a nice easy walk and there's some nice squares etc once you venture in a bit. Nice enough for a day trip anyway.

Depending on your food choices, we found an amazing Korean BBQ place which we really liked.

You're in for a bit of a heatwave for next week, but hopefully it chills out a bit after that!

Thanks for that, we'll probably give it a go! I'd be grateful for any 'authentic Spanish food' venues that're relatively nearby as well. We're actually based in Los Altos, but usually easier to say Torre because everybody knows where it is. I'm going to get my boys to try a bit of paella and maybe some snails if I can find some. One of them loves the meaty side of the plate, and one goes straight for the vegetables, so trying to find nice balanced solutions for them instead of leaning on Maccy's, as we've been known to do occasionally!!!

The eldest really struggles in the heat, so I think we'll spend quite a bit of time in the pool while it's particularly hot.

Unfortunately i can't offer as much help on that side. Neither of us are big fans of Spanish cuisine as it's usually either fish (not a big fan), deep fried stuff (delicious but not in big quantities), or cheap cuts of meat. I'm more open than my wife but due to her health issues she generally has to be quite careful. Given we don't head down that way too often then we usually find something which appeals to us like the bbq place above.

There were a few nice looking places at Playa Flamenca when we were last down there but then i ended up having bacon and pancakes in a more english looking bar (Willow Cafe) :D

Last edited:
No worries - Anywhere you can think of that's good to take the kids? (While I've got you, quick before the mods see :D )

Haven't been to the gym at all this week, and not done all that much exercise either. Felt a bit ill with a coldy thing, and knackered from all the travel last weekend (saw 5 cities in 3 days!). Had a beer and a bit of chocolate last night, so naturally, I've lost weight. :confused: In at 13st 3lbs. Guessing that might be a slight loss of muscle mass from not doing much training at the gym over the last fortnight.
Not in a week, much more likely that you are holding less water due to using the muscle less, or you actually spent more time moving around on average over each day and keeping your diet relatively clean put you in a deficit.

Back
Top Bottom