*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

I'm not actually sure i've ever had it with cream. My wife prefers it without, and it's not really a dish i would order when i'm out.
Same. My son needs max calories so when ever I can add dairy and extra calories I do. Means I have to be careful of portion sizes.

I lost a massive 7st in 9 months, pretty much a third of my bodyweight. I almost certainly lost it too fast, but for some reason with careful eating it just fell off me, I am now left with a primordial pouch of loose skin and blubber lower part of my abdomen. Have tried marine collagen supplements, and it doesn't seem to want to budge, am 57 so have lost a lot of my skin's elasticity. Any suggestions more helpful than my pharmacist's solution of going under the knife?
I've lost a similar amount of weight and while I still have a flabby belly, I've found that focused ab work (including obliques) helps me carry it a fair bit better.

@spengos roast dinners are my favourite meal if I want a substantial meal that tastes good without much effort, cutting down on the roast potatoes and swapping the gravy for chilli sauce can bring a large plate below 800 calories (excluding any Yorkshire puds).

Back from 2 weeks in Spain, having eaten more than usual, but not massive amounts. Kept it relatively sensible, having a few beers here and there, a decent meal out each day, and still having overnight oats for breakfast so that I wasn't tempted to smash croissants or sugary cereals etc.

I feel like I've probably put a bit back on, but I'm not sure how much because I'm not bothering to weigh myself until Friday morning when I've had a little bit of time to reset. I haven't used my gym in nearly a month now, so will need to get back on exercise before the weekend!

We had air con in the lounge and both of the bedrooms, and it got used A LOT. The air was thick as soup, 36 degrees, and UV was pretty regularly from 8 - 10. Very warm. On the other hand I did next to no exercise other than bobbing around in the pool! :D

Annoyingly my weight has continued to increase this week and up to 103.1kg again. Guess it's the impact of last weekend, although i've been pretty on point this week. Even resisted late night ice cream last night and have had a bag of crisps in the cupboard since last Thursday which is pretty much unheard of for me!

Annoyingly my weight has continued to increase this week and up to 103.1kg again. Guess it's the impact of last weekend, although I've been pretty on point this week. Even resisted late night ice cream last night and have had a bag of crisps in the cupboard since last Thursday which is pretty much unheard of for me!
Right attitude for sure!

Weighed in this morning at 13st 7lbs which is 4lbs heavier than my last weigh in on 19th July. During the period of 24th Jul - 7th Aug, I never used My Fitness Pal once. Phone signal was so bad where I was, I just gave up, and worked without it. Looks like the habits have persisted fairly well because even with a few treats, I'm still pretty much at my goal weight.

Started the New Year hiking with the intention of losing a shed load of weight. I'm down 2 and a half stone since January and go hiking every weekend - Do around 40 - 45km on Saturday and Sunday and eating a lot more healthier... no more crisps, or rubbish food - not had any fast food or takeaway all year - I wanna lost at least another stone. Hiking has not only helped me physically but also my mental health has also improved a lot - cannot recommend it though :)

Stelly

Thanks all - means a lot - really does :) Its not been easy especially with my mental health being the way it is - but pushing myself has helped make it easier :)

Stelly

That’s a brilliant distance to be hitting at the weekends with hiking.

Just for help and whilst it’s not the most popular. There’s a hiking thread in GD :)
Yer its not started off as that - but started to get some hiking gear - some nice boots - normally do at least one 25km on one day and the at least a 20km on the other - try to do at least 600m of ascent - luck I'm not far away from the Peaks, Lakes and Wales where there are plenty of hills to climb up. Work gets in the way sometimes - but you know have to pay the bills some how :D

Stelly

Very pleased I managed to get to the gym this morning. Best 1 hour power output and lifted the total calorie burn over 1000 on the Wattbike. It’s helping my road cycling too. Going to see if I can sneak a ride out this weekend at some point! Overall feeling much less bloated after the holidays. Got some sauerkraut which will be ready for next week which really helps!

Finally! After peeing about for two years, we're off the mark. I have a target to reach now as we're going on holiday to España about this time next year so I need to lose my moobs. First week's results are in - 3lb down with no calorie counting. Just keeping up running 4x week, adding 2x strength training and nightly yoga. Stuck to mostly whole foods (except bread) which is causing steady sugar levels so no need for binging.

Bizarre movements for me. Last Friday i was 103.1kg, Monday showed 103.8kg which didn't make much sense, Wednesday was around 103.6kg and then today is 102.1kg which is more where i'd have expected to be. I'd say i'm (just) on track to be close to 100kg by the end of August but it's still a goal i've had multiple months without too much movement.

Definitely getting my guess work on calories closer to actuals which has shown me i've been over estimating in the past which obviously has explained the lack of movement. Weirdly since i'm only 38 i can definitely see the shift in difficulty of losing weight as when i was last around the 105/110kg range i dropped it pretty easily and that was only 5yrs or so ago.

Definitely also seeing a decent mental shift. We've had a box of mini magnums in the freezer along with some chocolate biscuits which we got in for some friends kids around 2 weeks ago which whilst slowing being eaten weren't instantly demolished in 3 days as they once would've been.

Last edited:
weren't instantly demolished in 3 bites as they once would've been.
Closer to the truth in my case :D

In at 13st 8lbs today. Still heavy, no real explanation for it, settling back in to sensible eating, re-adding exercise, weights and cardio. Could be water retention as has been said previously in this thread, not sure. I've been lax on exercise though, and noticed this week that re-adding exercise made my blood sugar drop through the floor, and at one point in a trail run on Wednesday, physically couldn't run because I felt so weak and hungry. I'd had lunch before I went out, but I think my body was shocked by re-adding strenuous exercise on top of the nutrient levels I'd been taking on. I've got another football course this weekend, so will need to make sure I fuel properly for that.

Yeah, i've not been exercising as much, have mentioned in the Cycling thread, but feel like my energy levels are in the gutter. Putting it down to the heat and spending ~8 hours a day in a hot (~34c office) and then the living room is probably around 28-30c too in the evenings as the AC is underpowered for the room. Think the long term impact is now kicking in as even my usual easy bike ride feels difficult.

Have planned a fairly strenuous hike tomorrow where i'd like to squeeze in a little running so interesting to see how that goes. Luckily the mountains here are ~5 mins drive from my house as it's the edge of the valley so easy to scramble down the sides into the valley and find a road if i'm struggling and need my wife to pick me up!

Back
Top Bottom