*** Big Fat Weight Loss Thread ***

Yeah, i've not been exercising as much, have mentioned in the Cycling thread, but feel like my energy levels are in the gutter.

Do you take creatine? I'm beginning to wonder if I should as since increasing exercise from 3 times a week to 6, I feel knackered. I just started this week taking electrolyte tablets as I sweat buckets when working out.

Do you take creatine? I'm beginning to wonder if I should as since increasing exercise from 3 times a week to 6, I feel knackered. I just started this week taking electrolyte tablets as I sweat buckets when working out.

No, never considered Creatine. I do take electrolyte tablets most days though. Usually as a way of flavouring water more than anything though!

One thing i do always notice is that my diet seems to be high in fats as a % of daily calories vs Protein/Carbs. Obviously this is based on MFP and "estimated" meals so unlikely to be accurate, although you'd think ballpark was right. I'm always very low on Protein with most days being 50-100g which is around half of what i probably should be eating. I do wonder if i should be putting in effort to artificially increase this. Breakfast is usually a Huel type drink which i think is ~25g and then tea could be anything from Fajitas/Chilli/Fish etc. Not unhealthy but generally i would say more weighted to veg than the meat side. Dinner is usually a sandwich/omelette. Although i'd have less omelettes recently as my wife has developed an agg intolerance so easier to make the same thing.
High fat ratio probably coming from lunch with sliced/cured meats.

Last edited:
I'm always very low on Protein with most days being 50-100g which is around half of what i probably should be eating. I do wonder if i should be putting in effort to artificially increase this.
everyone should prioritise protein, such an easy win
I try to get recommended daily protein 2g per kg of goal weight.

Still struggling to crack below 90kg regularly at the moment. Frustrating, but I’ve been out for a few meals which never helps. Cycling seems to be improving though. Nice to see some progress. I’m definitely less bloated now than post holiday. Onwards!

What a healthy weekend!

Friday night we finished work and went straight out to some shops. Usually we grab a McDonalds if doing that as it's quick, i accept it's not healthy but unlike the UK i've not had a disappointing meal over here which turns it into an actual treat. Then had 1/2 bottle of red wine whilst i watched football.
Saturday i burnt a crazy amount of calories. I wanted to walk the full length of a mountain range which i can see from my window. It's around 14km in total end to end. Didn't think too much of it, so grabbed my bike. Cycled ~35 mins to the plot where we're building a house and has decent access. Walked up the side which brought me out maybe 20% along the range, so turned left to get to the actual end. Figured that was my goal to do the full length and didn't want to cheat myself.

Full length of the walk ended up being just over 5 hours and i didn't make the full length, i had underestimated the walk and had been feeling a bit weak recently during bike rides so that combination and probably slight lack of calories during the effort meant a proper bonk. Ended up trying to cut down the side which turned out to be horrible and just full of loose rock and spikey bushes ripping me to shreds!

Wife picked me up and we went to grab my bike. Stopped along the way for an Aquarius (Lucozade sport type drink) and a beer. Got home, had a recovery drink, then neither of us wanted to cook so decided on takeaway pizza. There was a deal of 3x medium pizzas. So grabbed that. Unsure if my appetite has just dropped in general but i only managed half a medium pizza. In the UK i was known to eat a full large dominos and then still eat my wifes leftovers! Then finished the rest of the red wine with a film.

Sunday morning woke up, had 1/4 of the leftover pizza for breakfast (2 slices). Then went to a local town and took a picnic of another 1/4 pizza each. Then my wife was pizza'd out and not hungry so for tea i had the remaining 3 slices!

Basically my weekend nutrition came from Mcdonalds, pizza for 4 meals and a pile of energy drinks. Somehow i'm still the same weight as on Friday. Curious how the week progresses, it could swing either way as my body adjusts back to normal diet.

@Martynt74 , after seeing a lot of your posts, you seem to fall of the wagon quite easy / a lot when it comes to eating, ever consider buying some plastic containers and pre making say 3/4 days worth of teas so you know what your eating and dont get to tired to make anything and go ordering pizza and mc d's. some times my partner calls me strange but if im hungry and cant be bothered i will do something as little as olive oil fry some onions and peppers with some mince over a pack of microwave rice

Back
Top Bottom