Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Man of Honour
God..I really need to get down to London more often :(

Same, atomic burger in Bristol was very disappointing, average burger, very poor bun. Overwhelmed by the toppings. The trailer park chips however. I'm still dreaming about them several days latter.
Fries with aged cheddar sauce, pulled pork & tumbleweed crispy onions

Elliott café burger, looks the best on that list, from looks alone.

Last edited:

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Had a Five Guys last week.

Burger was very, very underwhelming. Not at all anything to write home about, far below Atomic Burger, or Burger Joint in Bristol.

Fries were some of the best I have ever eaten, mind

Man of Honour
Really? What do you like about it, the trailer park fries are amazing and the toppings on the burger are good. The actual burger all though juicy lacks flavour and the flour soft bun, just isn't good at all

Everyone raves about it, even the people I went with, who go often, but even most of them say the fries outshine the burger.

Man of Honour
The trailer park fries are great. I had the weekly/monthly special can't remember what it was but it was juicy, loaded with extras (avocado, bacon etc....) the bun was melt in the mouth and the sauces were great. :)

However it could be a one off, I've only been there once! haha!

Soldato
Finally got to Meat Mission last week. Very good burger, and excellent chilli cheese fries.

Annie's Burger Shack in Nottingham still has my #1 vote though out of all that I've tried.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I do agree that the 'burger' of Atomic isn't all that great, but it's miles above Five Guys. The toppings however are fab.

Burger Joint does the best one in bristol, the burger is phenominal and the chunky chips are very good.

Man of Honour
Will have to get to burger joint. It's just meant to be permanently packed which puts me off and Bedminster one is out the way.

Yeah toppings are great, but it's meant to be a burger joint, burger and the bop should come first and that is what atomic burger lets down, change those two components and it would be amazing.

Man of Honour
It kind of sounds like there's at least a reasonable degree of variability. I think the only way to be sure is to try each burger place multiple times. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it... :p

Soldato
I'm sure everyone is aware that today is that very special day: National Burger Day :)! I've just spent my lunch in my favourite burger shop, Patty & Bun, resisting the Smokey Robinson and instead going with their special - aged beef patty, pigs head ragu & 4 cheese fondue, with a sauce made with gherkin, parsley & white onion :D! Of course, the usual sides of rosemary salted fries and the superb smoked confit chicken wings were also ordered. The burger was great as usual, but the meaty flavoured pigs head ragu was lovely. The cheese and the sauce rounded it off perfectly and although it sounds a lot, there wasn't any spillage from the burger at all; an easy one-handed eat. The chicken wings however, were spicy and messy :D.

Back
Top Bottom