Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Man of Honour
well having been to Meatliquor, patty and bun, honest burger and byron in the last two weeks (doing my cholesterol wonders...) i have to say Meatliquor is by far my favorite at the moment.

Meatliquor - best burger in terms of flavor, juiciness & fillings. Decor may not be to everyones taste and the beer choose is a little odd but the deep fried pickles are top knotch.
Patty and bun - messy, very juicy but not as flavorsome. Their chips and rosemary salt is good. Really need to try the chicken wings at some point.
Honest Burger - Again their fries are good but the burger was a bit dry, still very pink but not very juicy.
Byron - meh, although the smoked porter house beer was pretty good :)

Soldato
How are the deep fried pickles? I've wanted to try some for a while but no one in the U.K does them to my knowledge.
Meat Liquor do. :confused: And I'm guessing Meat Market and the other one. All in London.

Must get to Meat Market, really. I'm so close to that and Five Guys there's no excuse not to have tried them. I'm just obsessed with Ramen at the moment if I'm going to have a lunch out :p

Associate
That's a shame....guess I'll just have to try both then. I guess it would only be fair to try both places in the same day too..one for lunch and one for dinner. Easier to compare them that way :D

Associate
I was working in Glasgow for a week a few months back.

Buddy's BBQ & Burgers - Went to there take away bit 3 times in 4.5-5 days haha must have spent £60 there. I tried a few different burgers and chips along with a beef brisket roll and and a Carolina poutine. All of it was amazing apart from the poutine (the gravy came separate and i just dumped it all on, was just a lump of sludge was crap).

I can only imagine the restaurant a few doors up being better. About 10 mins from city center ish.

Associate
I was working in Glasgow for a week a few months back.

Buddy's BBQ & Burgers - Went to there take away bit 3 times in 4.5-5 days haha must have spent £60 there. I tried a few different burgers and chips along with a beef brisket roll and and a Carolina poutine. All of it was amazing apart from the poutine (the gravy came separate and i just dumped it all on, was just a lump of sludge was crap).

I can only imagine the restaurant a few doors up being better. About 10 mins from city center ish.

Yeah I've eaten in the resteraunt a few times now, I'm only a 5 min walk away. The beastly Duke burger is amazing.

Caporegime
zE1BBZA.jpg

My 'perfect' order at In 'n' Out :D

Double-double, animal style, whole grilled onion and chopped chillies

French fries 'well done'

Chocolate shake

Side of pickles/chillies

Ohh yussss

(ignore the wife's order - double meat, no sauce, whole grilled onion, lettuce and tomato with lettuce wrap pth pth pth)

Mind you, we normally split the fries and milkshake so you can't argue with a $10 dinner for two :D

That's insane, I couldn't even get a single burger from my local burger joint for $10.

Man of Honour
^^ a mate of mine went to the US a few years ago and he rated them very highly :cool:
but my point to Ray was that its fast food, i dont think it was the kind of 'burger joint' he was comparing the prices with

Back
Top Bottom