Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Caporegime
I still fail to see how a valid comparison can be formed though.
The companies operate in different market segments.

Caporegime
I Know what in N out burger is, I eat there all the time. Yes they are a fast food restaurant but the price and quality are completely different so I dint see how a comparison is really possible.
In N Out is more expensive and caters to a more premium market segments like 5 guys.

The comaprison your making is like comparing a ford fiesta to a Ferrari because they are both cars with 4 wheels. It doesn't really make any sense to do that.

Soldato
Well had one for lunch and the burgers are pretty good and chips are amazing but the cost is quite high, cost me £13 for cheese burger, small fries and drink!

Soldato
Getting a really good burger in Brum isn't straightforward... I was seriously underwhelmed by Five Guys, not bad, but not exactly a quantum leap above BK. GBK and the other similar chains around the Bullring and centre are all very samey and not really worth a visit over a gastro pub. I think the best I've had is in The Plough in Harborne or perhaps The Church (although they've got rid of their peanut butter topped one). I just think Birmingham can offer more!

Talk to me OcUK!

Soldato
I Know what in N out burger is, I eat there all the time. Yes they are a fast food restaurant but the price and quality are completely different so I dint see how a comparison is really possible.
In N Out is more expensive and caters to a more premium market segments like 5 guys.
I think a price comparison is very valid! In n Out is much closer to McDs/BK in cost than it is to 5 Guys and other burger joints - that's the best thing about it :p

i.e

Big Mac Meal - $6.20
Double-double, fries and a medium drink - $6.80
Burger King Whopper meal - $7.60

Five Guys cheeseburger, little fries and regular drink - $12.07

The best thing is to have your significant other start cooking some bacon, run out to In n Out and then make your own double-double bacon burger when you get home :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Getting a really good burger in Brum isn't straightforward... I was seriously underwhelmed by Five Guys, not bad, but not exactly a quantum leap above BK. GBK and the other similar chains around the Bullring and centre are all very samey and not really worth a visit over a gastro pub. I think the best I've had is in The Plough in Harborne or perhaps The Church (although they've got rid of their peanut butter topped one). I just think Birmingham can offer more!

Talk to me OcUK!

Handmade burger & co at Brindleyplace, it's cheaper than Five guys, thicker patty and proper chargrilled.

Wish they use brioche bun though.

Man of Honour
off to the local Beefeater for dinner tonight, their burgers have come along way over the last year or 2, worthy of a mention in this thread anyway ;)
£9.88 inc fries & slaw (if ordered before 6:30pm, £11.49 after 6:30pm)
5k0f8i.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom