Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Went to Meat Liquor on Saturday with friends one near James Street my intention was to go to Patty and Bun but the queue was stupid only a dinky little place aswell.

Meat Liquor overall was quite nice place was rather weird though all blacked out with neon lights but could not fault the food.

Soldato
Just been to Meat Liquor for lunch, and it was a very good lunch!
Ordered the Dead Hippie burger, fries, slaw, onion rings, and a black cow (coke float). The black cow was great, I love coke and ice cream. The fries were nice but very plain, and the onion rings were huge and nicely crunchy, but could have done with some seasoning. The slaw was very good. The burger was the star though; 2 patties, dead hippie sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onion. Really juicy and had a great flavour to it. Not quite Patty & Bun, but still worth a visit.

Soldato
Best burger i have had was from the Hanging Gate Inn in Weaverham.
Simply stunning food.

1797398_886235544753297_4953065642838123958_n.jpg

Soldato
Went to patty & bun last night and tried their special that they had on:

B-Jtq2bIQAALGRz.jpg

Beef patty, Apple glazed pork belly, deep fried pickled shiitake, chimichurri, gruyère

Might be my favourite burger, ever.

Soldato
I at at MEATmarket in Covent Garden last Sunday.

I had the Black Palace burger; 2 patties, cheese, pickles, grilled onions, ketchup, mustard.

It was really good, considering how moist, and sloppy it looked it held together surprisingly well and tasted lovely, specially the sweet onions and sharp pickles.

To share we also got hippie fries, standard fries, chillie cheese fries, bingo wings.

Was too much food for three hungry men! Will be going back for sure but I want to try other burger joints first.

Apparently a Five Guys is opening in Milton Keynes as there are jobs advertised locally for Managers and staff!

Soldato
off to the local Beefeater for dinner tonight, their burgers have come along way over the last year or 2, worthy of a mention in this thread anyway ;)
£9.88 inc fries & slaw (if ordered before 6:30pm, £11.49 after 6:30pm)
http://i60.tinypic.com/5k0f8i.png[/I][/QUOTE]

I think I'm inclined to agree with you,

Better than five guys (an overpriced BK!), gbk and on par with byron. Great value at beefeater.

Soldato
Out in London saturday(west end area ish), looking for a decent burger place, more restaurant style so its acceptable to the Mrs. Anyone got any good suggestions? :)

For an actual restaurant setting, might as well go to Burger Lobster (they have a few sites), but the burger is only middling and isn't up to the standard of the more impressive names mentioned on this thread.

Could always aim to get a last minute Hawksmoor reservation and get the burger there (or their express menu).

Back
Top Bottom