Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
OP
Whats the big hoo haa about it costing £14? I assume the £14 price that is being quoted is for a burger, drink and fries? If so I'm not sure why so many people are complaining, you'd be paying that much at most (if not all) 'trendy' burger joints up and down the country.

Almost Famous is about £7-£10 for a burger, add your fries for another £2-£4, then your drink for another £2-£4, Solita is more in some cases and you can pay upwards of £15 for your burger (inc chips though).
I'm fairly sure the same can be said of Byron, GBK, P&B etc.

It's the fact that it's considered cheap food in the USA plus in the UK it's not even table service. You're talking a few rungs up from BK at 2.5 times the price.

Associate
Theres a Five-Guys opening up in birmingham in summer, the mrs wants to go there and she'd talked it up for the last month to me, but after seeing this thread and my hype has now left :<

Soldato
Yeah I'm getting proper burger pangs checking up on this thread :p
Well Patty & Bun may be on the cards this weekend as we have friends coming up. A visit to La Fromagerie (amazing cheese!) will be the excuse to then get a lovely burger. This would then be followed by a trip round the corner to Workshop Coffee, and rounded off with a browse around Hedonism Wine :).

Man of Honour
If I'm spending circa £15 on a meal, I don't want a burger.

Are these places REALLY worth it?

If the burger is really good then I don't see why they wouldn't be worth it. £15 isn't really that much to spend on a meal and a really high quality burger with chips on the side would certainly compare favourably to whatever you could get for £15 elsewhere even if it's definitely not high up on the health scale.

Associate
Schwartz Bros in Bath. Takeaway only, but gurt lush- as we say round these parts.

Or Billy Burger (stupid name), which does kangaroo/boar/reindeer/ostrich etc. burgers, but is about two miles out of town. They apparently deliver, but that depends on whether they answer the flaming phone...

Soldato
Too juicy? Nooo way!

lol well - maybe it was just the one I had ? it was very tasty but yeah bit too much juice - was making the bun soggy and dripping down my hand during eating, taste was muy incredible'! however

Umami was awesome though - ordered a double and the waiter recommend that, as I was not from "round there" I might consider ordering something smaller - this made me only more resolute that I had come to the right place :D - I proved him so very wrong lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom