Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Wasn't that impressed with steak and honour vans (far too greasy) when I went, and butch Annies was pretty average with abominable service.

Five guys in Cambridge is pretty good, as is byron. But byron seems a level up in terms of price. You should try steak du maison too if you want a decent burger.

Soldato
Wasn't that impressed with steak and honour vans (far too greasy) when I went, and butch Annies was pretty average with abominable service.

Five guys in Cambridge is pretty good, as is byron. But byron seems a level up in terms of price. You should try steak du maison too if you want a decent burger.

The steak and honour ones are definitely a bit messy, I haven't found them particularly greasy though. I really like the flavour of the butch annies ones and I've not had any problems with the service in there TBH, but maybe I've been when they are aren't too busy.

I haven't had the chance to try Maison Du steak or it's sister Le Grosse Frank.

Associate
Tried our recently opened 5 Guys today had the little burger and little fries (good portion) total £7.70.
Didn't think that was too bad,refused to pay a £1 for 1 slice of cheese !
Fries were way too salty and dry.
I went all the way with the burger but in hindsight should have removed the tomato and the pickles.Will probably try them again at some point.

Soldato
Went to Byron in Birmingham at the weekend, so poor compared to 5 guys and worked out more expensive, when you advertise yourselves as a burger joint they should be so much better.

Soldato
Handmade Burger Company for lunch

Decent - could have been a bit hotter/warmer but very tasty burger and fries

Peanut Butter and Bacon burger with HIPSTER CHIPS (Our famous handmade chips topped with jalapeño slaw, finished with Sriracha mayo & fresh spring onions)

IMG_20161210_WA0000.jpg

Associate
Handmade Burger Company for lunch

Decent - could have been a bit hotter/warmer but very tasty burger and fries

I thought that too when we visited.The bun and the cheese were freezing cold like just out of the fridge.Would have tasted better if they had let the bun warm on the hotplate and had the cheese on the burger for a bit while cooking it.

Soldato
You guys in London are so lucky, there's nothing near me.

The best place I can get a Burger is Miller & Carter and it's 25 miles to a nice one (Solihull), unless I want to mingle with Coventry people in tracksuits :(

Soldato
Mrs HB and I went to a Preist Burger today. Was like a GBK experience. £33 for two burgers, two chips, onion rings and two drinks.

Was actually really nice, although you have to go up and order it yourself which I don't like doing!

Mrs had an altar burger and I had a Cajun chicken burger. We enjoyed it, staff were great.

Associate
Went to Meat Liquor off Oxford St again last week. Had a very nice Dead Hippie Burger, fries, and some very big onion rings. Not quite up there with P&B and Honest, but it is good :).

Soldato
Went to Meat Liquor off Oxford St again last week. Had a very nice Dead Hippie Burger, fries, and some very big onion rings. Not quite up there with P&B and Honest, but it is good :).

Haven't been to Meat Liquor for ages now but I always remember their onion rings, they are blooming massive and pretty tasty too.

Heading into London with a friend on the 28th, he has never been to P&B so I think I'm going to have to introduce him. What a shame that will be :D

Soldato
Had the Honest Burger Christmas special today. Terrible service in the Soho branch (we got given 3 different drinks, none of which we ordered), but who cares. Burger was immense;
Beef, smoked bacon, deep-fried camembert, cranberry sauce and rocket.
HB_ChristmasBurger-282x139.jpg

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Nottingham is the new capital of the burger joint, everywhere you go Burgers burgers burgers.... Must be lots of profit in mincemeat.

Associate
Me and the other half are doing a 'Burger Challenge' at the moment trying to find the best in the area we live (all came from an episode of how I met your mother)

So far the simple Jimmys Farm Handmade Burger Bacon and Cheese is the victor, however they have now discontinued Cajun fries and therefore they need boycotting until they sort their lives out!

Served with an actual pickle on the top on a stick. Ace.

Back
Top Bottom