Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Caporegime
If people are comparing FG to maccas and BK, then I'll definitely give this place a miss. I was under the impression FG was a good burger chain restaurant, like GBK etc, but maybe not quite as 'fancy' (not that GBK is fancy at all)

You wouldn't catch me dead in a Burger King etc, so it doesn't sound like I'm missing out on anything.......

the burgers are much much better. it's proper burgers not frozen patties like bK and McD's however they are packaged the same way as them and service is the same as them that is why I'm comparing them.

So if BK was to sell the same burger 5G's do then how much would you be prepared to pay for it in a meal deal? I'd say £8-£9 a head. In a restaurant then sure £12-£15 a head. They are charging £15 a head without any of the restaurant service. all it is, is a fancy burger king with proper burgers.

i'd much rather go to a proper burger restaurant and pay the same price and get a better burger as it hasn't been wrapped in foil served to me for the same money. in fact Byron burger are cheaper than 5 guys. their pricing is a joke.

Soldato
If people are comparing FG to maccas and BK, then I'll definitely give this place a miss. I was under the impression FG was a good burger chain restaurant, like GBK etc, but maybe not quite as 'fancy' (not that GBK is fancy at all)
Think about it this way. At first burgers were fast food for chavs (BK, McD's), then you got gourmet burger places like GBK, Byron, P&B, Honest Burger as the hipster revolution started. Now it's been flipped on it's head where you can get 'decent' burgers in a fast food setting. Like Meatliquor, Five Guys etc. It's taking decent ingredients but keeping the fast food experience.

Associate
Went to Beefy Boys in Hereford for the second time last night. Really lucky just to get a table tbh.
I went for the Macaroni Boy which to quote the website is:
Mac and Cheese Patty, Nacho Sauce, Lettuce and Spicy Chipotle Ketchup (don’t want it spicy just ask for marinara sauce instead of Chipotle Ketchup)

Had a side of Bacon fries (Skin on Fries, Baconaise, Bacon Dust, Bacon) and millionaire fries (Skin on Fries, White Truffle Oil, Parmesan, Chives, Smoked Chipotle Mayo Dip)

Was freaking amazing.
qEX1Ia7.jpg

TS7

TS7

Soldato
It's not a burger place, but if you fancy some excellent fries and are in Brighton, head to Befries.

The best fries I have ever had, didn't think I could get that excited about fries but now I just want more.

This is definitely the next 'thing' now. Which I'm absolutely fine with as I absolutely love chips! There's a place opened up called Awesome Chips which do just freshly made Belgian fries and there's a choice of about 30 different sauces and toppings which you choose from. It's been open for over a year and there's still queues every day!

Spotted HipChips in London on the weekend. I had just finished lunch so had no space but menu looked good!

Soldato
Took the folks to Five Guys before watching a show Saturday night and they enjoyed it but like most people were put off by the price, 2 small burgers, 2 drinks and a regular fries cost them £24.

They now understand why I rarely have Five guys.

Soldato
Hi guys!

I'm off to London on Wednesday for the day and will be working from Friars Bridge Court near Southwark Tube station. Are there any good burger places you can recommend near here I could grab some lunch from? If not I know there is a 5 Guys near KGX I can hit as I'm on an open return ticket so don't have to rush to jump on a train :)

TIA.

I know its too late now but if you are in the area again, there is a pub called the Lord Nelson about 2 minutes from Southwark station on Union Street that does some fantastic burgers.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
We are finally getting a Gourmet Burger Kitchen! Quite looking forward to it as they do nice burgers and have some quite decent offers on. It opens next week.

It may also be a catalyst for the current Handmade Burger Co to start offering some deals.

The GBK is opening directly next to a McDonalds and the papers have been dubbing it the big 'Burger War'. £10-15+ sit down burger and chips in plates + cutlery + table service vs 99p - £5 fast food in paper bags... I don't think there's much common ground for there to be a 'war' over.

Soldato
had five guys in mk center sat, not the escape one.

Bang average, chips oily, burger ok, got the toppings wrong but then again i expected it as it was literally non stop rammed couldnt be bothered to moan, they got me bacon instead of chillis so the whole burger changed.

just found it average, but for two burgers, one chips, and one drink to share was £23 so no shy..

Soldato
When we were in the states we went to both 5 Guys and In n' Out Burger.

In n' Out is half the price yet the food is 99% as good. I don't really know how 5 Guys can justify it yet people lap it up.

Back
Top Bottom