Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Caporegime
If th chips are actually hot the lettuce will go all soggy, and the lettuce itself is probably pretty damp and will make the chips mushy.And trying to make healthy chips? WFT.

IMO, a nice side salad in a separate bowl is a great accompaniment to a burger. No soggy lettuce or tomato in the burger.

kai

kai

Soldato
In-N-Out Burger - Vegas.

Was kind of dissapointed :( animal style fries was a nice addition mind.

IMG_2474.jpg

Holsteins - Gold Standard Burger (dry aged beef sirloin burger with smoked bacon, aged goat cheddar cheese, tomato confit, baby arugula, & garlic-chive aioli.)

Easily the best burger i have EVER eaten.

IMG_2458.jpg

Soldato
Interesting. After all the love it gets on here I was very disappointed by Holsteins. Might have had something to do with my extremely moody boss who order a loaded shake thing with an icecream cookie on top -- and practically threw it back in the servers face because it was such a monstrosity. Very embarrassing. I didn't think the burger was all that good but the starters and sides were. And for the money, you simply can't knock In'n'Out. Love those burgers.

Soldato
In-and-out is pretty average TBH, and the main vegas joint to be avoided at all costs.
In n Out is damn good for the price. Considering it's all cooked to order! Haven't been to the one in Vegas to be fair but I'm making a tradition of stopping at the one near Barstow every April when I'm out for work and drive from LA to Vegas :cool:

Man of Honour
https://twitter.com/SmashburgerUK/status/920989605234708480

Their doing this one as an exclusive burger at the Glasgow branch. Gotta admit I like the sound of it.

I'd say go for it. Personally I'd find the haggis a bit much but I'm sure it'll be delicious. Good excuse to go back a second time to try different options too...

Yep, too lazy to link or even mention your name. Sorry about that. :p

No worries, can't say I haven't been as lazy in the past :p

Soldato
I've not had Five Guys yet but earlier in this thread, others have said it's better than Honest Burger. That costs 11 quid (with really nice fries included) in London and it's bloody epic compared to McDs and I think it's worth every penny. Clearly something is amiss with people's ratings or the standard between branches of Five Guys must vary wildly?? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom