Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Tried Honest Burger for the first time last night. I'm difficult to please but I thought that the Tribute burger I had was fantastic. Was pleasantly surprised that they included chips too.

I'm glad that I avoided the Kerala chicken burger @Siliconslave. Had it been grilled and not fried, I probably would have had ordered it.

Man of Honour
You can make your own VERY easily using flavoursome cheeses. Blend together cheese/hot liquid/sodium citrate and then cast into slices (eg. onto a tray and cut them out? Or in a tube and cut slices). I can give you the ratios if it’s of interest.

Yup. There's a good video (iirc) guide on Chefsteps with ratios for different kinds of cheese.

Caporegime
Yeah, they’re everywhere. I was thinking of the modernist cuisine variants I think I’ve posted before. Chefsteps have done it. I guess Serious Eats have. The bloke behind Sansaire did a video on them. Etc.

The mushrooms were disappointing in mine - were too watery/meh.

OMG I forgot the cheese! Always cheese!

Had the Italian stack at McDonalds and have to say it was very tasty. Possibly the best of the recent guest burgers

Associate
Went to Reds in Leeds today, wasn't too impressed if truth be told, i've eaten plenty of BBQ in my time, but never have i had rib tips that tasted straight up of charcoal and the bread on the burger had the same taste i know you get the BBQ taste from the coals but this was stupid, the burger (single pit burger) was ok but nothing spectacular, the pulled pork and Brisket that came on it were lovely and the swine fries were good too, but we came away disappointed really.

Back
Top Bottom