Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
I'd imagine the double patty is just a bit excessive size-wise... £7 for the single sounds about right.

Embrace the hipsters? I'm still wrapping my head round the work boots and rolled up jeans look :o

Soldato
The key is to look at the menu first and pick all your toppings. If you panic when ordering and mis-order you'll regret it. There's not much to FG apart from the ability to make your ultimate burger through the unlimited toppings.

No no no, you walk in you say this...

I'll have a cheeseburger, all the way (no mushrooms tho), fries and a chocolate/salted caramel/peanut butter shake :D

Really annoys me there’s no decent burger places in Bexleyheath (for those that know it). We’ve got pubs, shops, fast food joints, all do well but not 9ne decent burger place like a Byron or honest burger. We have to go all the way to Bluewater for a Byron, GBK or five guys. They somehow all survive there in one shopping centre!

Same, swindon is void of good burgers.

Soldato
I've been avoiding Five Guys in Cheltenham because of the bad reviews so I decided to try a new place that opened up recently called Holee Cow. It was decent enough and was very filling but the menu was a LIE! :p

It said all burgers come served pink but it was not even remotely close. Secondly, it was a bog standard bun and not brioche. And I didn't even have fries but I could see from other orders, they did not have skin on them like the menu said. I did have a side of onion rings with my burger which was far too much for one person and if I go again, I'll probably just have a burger on its own. I'd probably avoid the bacon as well as it followed the trend of my last burger at Honest/Soho by being far too salty for my tastes.

Associate
I've been avoiding Five Guys in Cheltenham because of the bad reviews so I decided to try a new place that opened up recently called Holee Cow. It was decent enough and was very filling but the menu was a LIE! :p

It said all burgers come served pink but it was not even remotely close. Secondly, it was a bog standard bun and not brioche. And I didn't even have fries but I could see from other orders, they did not have skin on them like the menu said. I did have a side of onion rings with my burger which was far too much for one person and if I go again, I'll probably just have a burger on its own. I'd probably avoid the bacon as well as it followed the trend of my last burger at Honest/Soho by being far too salty for my tastes.

Five guys in Cheltenham was nice, just overpriced imo. You do need to get over to Hereford to try a beefy boys though. Just over an hour away for heaven on a plate.

Soldato
Ok so I finally lost my Five Guys virginity at the weekend.

All I can say is this.....the cajun fries were epic, the burger was just a fancy McDonalds version.

Not something I'll be rushing back for, especially given the price.

Don

All I can say is this.....the cajun fries were epic, the burger was just a fancy McDonalds version.

I go back just for the fries alone. I agree with you, they are epic.

Soldato
Is the burger market now over populated? seems like everywhere there are fancy burger places

Me and a friend went to byrons on saturday after the football and two burgers two chips a nachos to share and two drinks was £48.00 .

We always go to byrons after the football but at that price I am not so sure we will go again, granted the drinks were £5.00 each, it was just very expensive for what it was

Soldato
There are loads of options now and you would think that would drive the price down but as you said they seem to be able to get away with pricing things higher and higher. I'm fine with paying £12 odd for a good burger and chips but a lot of places charge that and are completely average. They think they can get away with going from your £7 pub burger to 'gourmet' and charge £13 because they put it in a brioche bun and put cheese that has a name on it.

Soldato
Five guys in Cheltenham was nice, just overpriced imo. You do need to get over to Hereford to try a beefy boys though. Just over an hour away for heaven on a plate.

Was really impressed by the beefy boys when I went to Hereford a couple of months back. Not quite worth the journey from Brum, but not that far off!

Permabanned

Nothing like a McDonalds burger at my local one. Guess some are just bad, which is strange as they should all be near enough the same.

Soldato
Had a B-Rex at Byrons yesterday. It was nice and the actual burger was cooked to pink perfection, but the fries were very poor (especially for the price of them). Wouldn't go there regularly but also wouldn't avoid it.

Permabanned
Had my first Five Guys on Wednesday.

At least, I think it was my first... I think I may have visited one drunk once xD

Thought it was average at best when considering the price I paid. just over £12 for a bacon cheeseburger and a drink...

Bun was delicious as where the condiments, but the patty was so average tasting. Just a step or two above the maccies or burger king ones.

Back
Top Bottom