Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Underboss
Had an Honest "Tribute" burger today in Southbank, was pretty nice but I found the burger patty quite crumbly that said the rosemary chips were great and the milkshake was very nice.

Trying out 7Bone week after next, need to try Byron, Bills and retry GBK also but so far 5G is still on the top spot.

Associate
Had my first Five Guys on Wednesday.

At least, I think it was my first... I think I may have visited one drunk once xD

Thought it was average at best when considering the price I paid. just over £12 for a bacon cheeseburger and a drink...

Bun was delicious as where the condiments, but the patty was so average tasting. Just a step or two above the maccies or burger king ones.

Yeah, it's definitely over priced for what it is. To me it just takes like a McDonald's upgrade rather than a full on gourmet burger (which the price would suggest it'll be).

Best thing about 5 Guys I think are the fries

Soldato
Had an Honest "Tribute" burger today in Southbank, was pretty nice but I found the burger patty quite crumbly that said the rosemary chips were great and the milkshake was very nice.

Trying out 7Bone week after next, need to try Byron, Bills and retry GBK also but so far 5G is still on the top spot.

I noticed the bun wasn't honest burger's best feature too. Didn't like their rosemary fries, but I notice people's idea of the perfect fry/chip varies quite a lot. 7bone was good when I tried it. Had a ronald's revenge which is basically a Mc'Ds cheese burger (and bacon) but made with much better ingredients.

Soldato
Is this from a restaurant, or a NickK creation? If the latter do you deliver?

Hmm need to find a place that does it that good! Don’t know why but not many burgers can take the heat and hold the taste. The normal beef doesn’t cut it normally :/

Any suggestions?

Associate
Hmm need to find a place that does it that good! Don’t know why but not many burgers can take the heat and hold the taste. The normal beef doesn’t cut it normally :/

Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if they're still around, but Atomic Burger in Bristol used to do an amazing hot burger. The Fallout Burger. It was so hot you'd get a T-shirt if you finished it.

I'm really good with hot stuff and I tried it. You have to wear gloves to handle it and I was genuinely shaking after about 10 mins it was so hot. Tasted amazing.

https://atomicburger.co.uk/fallout-challenge/

Caporegime
Tried Handmade Burger Co in Peterborough and it looked so promising but left really disappointed.

Had a double bacon & cheese dirty burger and it looked great but was cold when it came. Chips were weird, like soggy chip shop chips. Won’t be back.

Caporegime
I do laugh at the guys at lunch getting the special edition McD burgers. It's the same *&$% with a different shape bun and sauce!

Still haven't made the trip to Beefy Boys in Hereford yet. I hear I need to!
I agree, they are very samey, just a slight variation, but sometimes the sauces are great. one of the best being the ranch sauce in the California burger. That was awesome.

I love Big Macs though, so the idea of a huge one is too tempting.

Man of Honour
When cycling London to Paris and desperate for food in France I had a Grand Big Mac. Tasted awesome with a couple of hundred miles in my legs but I can't imagine ever going for one in other circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom