1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by Youstolemyname, May 5, 2014.

1. bsoltan

Mobster

PercysBBQ Triple Pattie BBQ Moink. Burger was cooked really well, as usuall with just meat, cheese, bacon it gets a little dry around half way through (and after driving it home) but it was really good. It is their special burger this month.

[​IMG]

https://www.instagram.com/percysbbq/

2. ElliorR

Sgarrista

After work last night some of us went down to the nearest Hungry Horse pub and had the Quadzilla Burger Challenge. Cheap and cheerful, the chicken part was a bit naff but the burgers were not too bad. With buy one get one free night we paid £5.75 each. Never again though.

[​IMG]

3. malolo

Hitman

4. mr.bond

Hitman

Visited Pattie and Bun in Soho Friday night. One of the best burgers I've had, maybe even the best. Tried the monthly special, then shared a normal cheese burger with a mate straight after demolishing it :)

5. bliss

Wise Guy

Had a couple of burgers while on holiday in HK. I don't tend to eat western food while on holiday when I can help it but these two were recommended by a local friend.

Shake Shack - Double Shackburger. It was alright, came across as a slightly better Burger King burger. The fries however were incredible. Chick'n Shack pictured along with Milk Tea Shake and Iced Tea.

[​IMG]

Burgeroom - Mega Cheeseburger. 80g of various cheese, I had to have it simply for that. The patty was large, moist and cooked to perfection. Probably the best burger I've had. Curly fries weren't half bad either. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  6. bjorkiii

Gangster

That bottom pic how do you go about eating it ? Looks huge but tasty.

7. bliss

Wise Guy

Very, very messily. :p The cheese was practically going everywhere and I was glad that it showed up pre-cut.

A guy on the table next to us had the double burger and his 'burger to mouth' issues were even worse. :D:p

8. marc2003

Capodecina

Yesterday, I had a chili burger at Honest (Bank) and it was awesome.

I also tried Five Guys for the first time the other week. It's now a box that has been ticked and nothing more. :p

9. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

I don’t get the love for five guys either, the foods ok but the prices are just crazy for what amounts to a posh McDonald’s. £5 each for some simple fries is outrageous, as is £5 for a milkshake that comes from a soft serve machine. McDonald’s make a mint of those machines charging half that, it’s a licence to print money for five guys.

Places like Honest are a very similar price point, tastes better and is served to you on a plate.

Though anacdotally I don’t think they are doing that well in a lot of locations, most I walk past are not anything like as busy they were 2 years ago.

10. MissChief

Capodecina

I mean I love Five guys but I have way more McDonalds than I do Five Guys. It's an occasional treat more than anything at Five Guys.

11. Shadowness

Wise Guy

The fries and amazing at FG, the burgers are rubbish. Taste just like McDonalds. (at least what I remember they taste like. Not had a McD for almost 10 years now)

12. chroniclard

Sgarrista

Not saying they are amazing, far too expensive, but tastes nothing like Mcdonalds.

13. Jamesyboyjim

Mobster

For me, Five Guys is really tasty, but not worthy of the price seeing as I find it only a bit better than Burger King. I hadn't been for a long time, but I went the other week, looked at the menu, realised what i wanted would be about 20 quid and ended up going to Mission Burrito.

I love Gourmet Burger though, with the app it seems me or the missus usually have a voucher for a freebie and now you can order from your table at pretty much any location its great for a quick convenient bite.