Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
I don't think I have a best burger.
Burgers to me are more of a what is available. I tend not to like salad on them though, burger, plain bread cheese (what ever is available) not a fan of bacon on it. But I like a good sauce, BBQ but spicy, or a nice mustard and mayo.

Soldato
going to New york next year...where can I get a superior burger in midtown east
If there's a Stout burger around there, they're pretty awesome (recommended over Umami burger in LA in my experience).

If you've never done In 'n Out burger though, that has to be done.

Sidenote, I went to Mcdonalds for the first time in >10yrs yesterday :eek:

Soldato
December means the Honest Christmas burger is out. You have been warned.

christmas-special-1280-853.jpg

Associate
That looks raw

It’s something I have such distrust of and can’t believe some people just aren’t fussed.

I’m all for a medium / pink burger if I know that it’s been made from beef that has been seared around the perimeter and then put through a sterile grinder but I can guarantee most of these places don’t do that and just whack a load of pre-bought mince together.

Associate
I'm having an afternoon and night out in Hereford tomorrow, which means Beefy Boys is an absolute requirement. Fully booked all night though so hoping any good karma I've earned over the year pays off and we get a walk-in!
Bricking it tbh. Can't even consider eating elsewhere!

All being well, pics to follow.. Following a hangover of epic proportions no doubt :mad:

Permabanned
100% on taste alone, I really like 5 Guys, very much. What I do NOT understand is how they can survive long term with such a pricing strategy? Sure in the South East of England where muppets have to pay £8 a pint or whatever fine, but in the rest of the country, £13 odd for a stand in line burger and fries is mental. Also I now order "small" fries, and honesty there is little discernible difference between the regular and small, bar the silly price.

If the prices were on the right side of £10, the place would be literally rammed, however our local one is always very, very quiet, sure it ticks along I suppose, but it does make me wonder how their pricing model works.

I suppose it is good for my health, as it means I frequent the place only as a treat once every few months, or if I am famished and too ill/tired to cook and need something fast (ish)

Even the one in Edinburgh seems half empty a lot of the time. Glasgow one is proper busy though.

Soldato
Yeh I agree, if the pricing was better I would definitely go there a lot more as I actually think the food is quite nice. Sure there is better but if they were as you said around the £10 I would go there over McD's or BK (and I'm a fan of both).

Back
Top Bottom