Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
That’s still pricey though and £1 for a cheese slice is extortionate. The drinks are next level pricy, it’s just standard postmix and costs about 15-20p for 0.5L.

I know McDs is not exactly ‘cheap’ anymore, but Fove guys is twice the price. You are looking at £7 for a ‘premium’ meal or £5+ for a regular there now, any even they are not doing great at the moment. I can distinctly remember paying 3.19 for a big Mac meal but that was 15 years ago now.

Associate
My goto for a quick burger is Mcdonalds ,quarter pounder with cheese,medium fries and a coffee for £4.59.
I can see our local 5 Guys closing as even at lunch times it's like a ghost town in there.

Soldato
On taste, hell no. On value it’s a very different propersition.
Can I afford £20 on a meal from Five Guys once in a while? Yes. So I choose that. If you're having to budget your meals out to the point you can't spend £20 on Five Guys you should, you know, just not eat out as often.

I would agree Five Guys is overpriced and I rarely go there because there is Honest Burger, Byron plus a million more near my home and work but I don't think I'd ever be in the position of saying "hmn £20 is too much for this, I'd best go Mcdonald's instead". Not because I'm rich (lol) just because I'd probably just not go to either if I couldn't stretch to £20 once in a while.

Soldato
I occasionally have a McD's for lunch instead of a supermarket sandwich, or whatever, particularly if I've picked up a bigmac+fries for £1.99 voucher from WHSmith. I'd not just nip out for a £20 meal as a sandwich substitute though. It's not about affording it, just that I've better things to spend my money on.

Soldato
I think it's been about 8 years since my last McDonalds, and that was an ultimate last resort when in a foreign country (with no English text anywhere). I cannot remotely understand why people pay that much for absolute crap.

Permabanned
I love me a good burger and one of the best I’ve had is in a place local to me called Bare Grills.

20171222-183413-largejpg.jpg

2 x 110 gram patties topped with smoked brisket, honey glazed bacon, jack cheese, crispy onions, salad and bbq sauce. Beautiful.

Soldato
My goto for a quick burger is Mcdonalds ,quarter pounder with cheese,medium fries and a coffee for £4.59.
I can see our local 5 Guys closing as even at lunch times it's like a ghost town in there.

Where do you live? The nearest one to me (bristol) is always rammed by 1pm, and there crazy rate of expansion isnt slowing.

Anyone had a Bryon recently? Their new recipe doesnt taste quite as good, and they still havent brought back the B Rex :(

For that kind of money, I'll go to 7Bone instead!!

I love 7bone, we make the trip to newbury or reading every few weeks just for that, the chilli cheese fries are bloody lovely.

Their shakes are a bit crap though, thats their only downside. Good cocktails though.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I actually quite like the new Byron recipe... maybe i'm in the minority.

Tried another (two) fake burgers Wednesday - before i start i'm not vegan/veggie but always up for trying new things.

First one the Love burger from Leon - a beetroot soy thing that I don't really rate (tbh don't really rate their food too much anyhows but there you go)

Second was honest burger's Chipotle Guac burger with Beyond Meat patties - this i actually really liked, great burger itself, possibly drowned a little by the toppings but ultimately a load better than some 'burgers' i've has elsewhere :)

FXs4e3yl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom