Bike Meet Version 2.0 - A44 to Aberystwyth

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I just Thank **** I don't live in London any more & have absolutely no reason to go there either. Does my head in when nowts on just a normal day let alone when it's invaded.

dsb

dsb

Associate
I wouldn't bother either, all the meetings i go to we used to take the car into london but now train is the only way and thats getting worse each day. Ill be setting up near Brixton soon and no chance of getting home until its all over.

Soldato
Hey, when you volunteer to work the olympics under the agreement of only doing it for 3 weeks and then being told with just under 4 weeks notice that you're there for 4 months doing 12 hour shifts 6 days of the week, then you can complain :p

dsb

dsb

Associate
lol, Ill be doing 12 hour shifts 7 days a week from the 25 Jun till 11 Sep, I win. Also i dont even get out on the ground have to sit in an office and tell people what to do!!

Associate
Depending on the date and my time off I may be coming along mate. I'm also from Oxford. Where are you based and what you riding? :)

I'm right next to the Kassam stadium, I'm staying here while I get my move to Australia sorted. I'll be about for the next 3-6 months as I've work to finish off here before I go; currently working on a big development for Pembroke college university.

The bike is currently a 1996 Foxeye Fireblade that I "acquired" instead of receiving cash payment for a job.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19812988&postcount=758

Soldato
lol, Ill be doing 12 hour shifts 7 days a week from the 25 Jun till 11 Sep, I win. Also i dont even get out on the ground have to sit in an office and tell people what to do!!

The exact reason I never volunteered. Knew something like this would happen, it was never going to be just 4 weeks or what ever lol.

dsb

dsb

Associate
Will there be another Reading group?

If so, or whoever is south, we can do a different route back come down Wales then across the bridge.

Associate
sounds good mate, i go past there everyday anyway :) will confirm a little closer to the time.

I said travel inn, I meant the services there really - 'tis a dead easy place to meet up with a KFC/cafe there etc. Plus some decent quality fuel at the Shell station if needs be.

It also happens to be at the very start of the route! :cool:

If so, or whoever is south, we can do a different route back come down Wales then across the bridge.
I quite fancy that...

Back
Top Bottom