Bike Meet Version 2.0 - A44 to Aberystwyth

dsb

dsb

Associate
I'm right next to the Kassam stadium, I'm staying here while I get my move to Australia sorted. I'll be about for the next 3-6 months as I've work to finish off here before I go; currently working on a big development for Pembroke college university.

The bike is currently a 1996 Foxeye Fireblade that I "acquired" instead of receiving cash payment for a job.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=19812988&postcount=758

When you leave let me have dibs on the bike, ill do a job for you and then i get the bike yea?;)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Where is the exact starting point??.

It's up to those who live in the same area to arrange a local meet & ride together up to the starting point which will be start of the A44 or somewhere near. :) (revised below)

Just had a quick look at the map, How about Worcester as a meeting point for the run in ?

Also anybody around Worcester know a services we can meet ?

Junction 7 off the M5 ? Turning onto the Whittingham road & then left onto the A4440 down to the A44 then on to Aberystwyth ? Looks a good run in that. :cool:

Just need a place to meet. :)

Last edited:
Associate
You ought to try hitting Crossgates (junction of A44 and A483) for a popular bike meet location, head north from Crossgates on the A483 for a fantastic route.

From Newtown head back down the A470 before rejoining the A44 to Aber. Once in Aber you can choose to go towards Brecon or to Snowdonia. Alternatively just turnaround and hit the A44 in reverse.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers Treetops I'll look into that when I have a few mins.

Is Everybody on the list ? Shout if I've missed ya. :)

Blimey just counted & there's 26 including me. :eek: + :cool:

20 made it to the last meet.

Soldato
If it's definitely the 23rd/24th then I'm probably out (some doubts now as to whether I can afford to race at Cadwell :() but I'll try to make the next one whenever that is :)

Associate
Really interested in doing this even tho I would have to do like 500-600 miles in a day :D Not bad tho as I done 400 miles on Thursday up to Invernes and tomorrow im going to head down to the lake district and back another 400-500 miles, loving it! :)

So is there anyone north of the border going?

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Everybody bring there chain & padlock & we can chain them all together with the money bikes in the middle. I think some are bringing a tent so we can chain the bikes to there sleeping bags as well. :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Check this out. :D

18.50 each for a back packers type stay & add 4 quid if you want Breakfast, Any couples can arrange a room on there own but I don't know how much it is.
I asked if they minded us all being on Motorbikes & she said No problem at all.
It's 3 mile outside Aberystwyth just off the A44 on the way in & is set in 22 acre so I reckon it'll be pretty safe for the bikes.
Just a place I found & wondered what you lot thought. Sounds ideal to me. :)
Linky
http://www.bedandbreakfast-directory.co.uk/uploads/estate/hotels/hotels76416.htm

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
I thought that, Not only because of the price but because it's 3 mile out of town & set on it's own 22 acres of land, They 'll have dogs, guns the lot. :p
Woman didn't even stop to think about the Motorbikes either which is cool, S'pose 25 x 18.50 adds up. 462 quid :eek: + 25 x 4 for brekkys + 200 so a total of 662 quid for a nights work & some brekky cooking. If my sums are right that's a fair amount of money for a night.

*Wanders off outside with homemade B&B sign*

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Been thinking of the best way to arrange the accommodation.

Is it better to start another thread & get Paypal gifts sent to me & I book it once we have say 15+.

Another way would be for me to ring the Place & book myself in with an OcUK tag that everybody else can join via a direct phone call & booking themselves.

Thoughts or a better way to do it ?

Associate
Just had a quick look at the map, How about Worcester as a meeting point for the run in ?

Also anybody around Worcester know a services we can meet ?

Junction 7 off the M5 ? Turning onto the Whittingham road & then left onto the A4440 down to the A44 then on to Aberystwyth ? Looks a good run in that. :cool:

Just need a place to meet. :)
Worcester sounds good to me ;). There's a half-decent looking pub a few roundabouts off the M5 J7 with a BP station just round the corner for the gas guzzlers - I'll have a scout out of the place when I get a chance.

dsb

dsb

Associate
4T5, just putting it out there, would she set up a BBQ for us if we all put in £30 for B&B and BBQ? would round the day off nice, we can cook it all she just supplies?

Back
Top Bottom