Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Cheers for the heads up tom. Will get 2 bottles of chain cleaner and some more chain lube.

Got my angel gt fitted, scrubbed them in, and they are just fantastic. They feel so much better than rosso corsa's. Feel very sturdy, and bikes just likes to dive in. Very inspiring around a corner. Plus, the tread look nice too :)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Since changing my gearing to -1 up front and refitting my shorty exhaust my mpgzzz have taken a nose dive, I'm getting around 110miles before my light starts flashing compared to 130 before hand. I'm blaming he addictive nature of higher revs and better noise :D
The SV sounds like a fart on higher RPMs, I love just cruising on it, the V-Twin gurgle at lower RPMs is a head turner. :p

BTW I changed my tyre pressure down to 31 front and 29 rear, the bike handles much better. But than again, I'm lightweight only 11.5 stone without any gear on. :p I'm going to invest in the abba stand, Idk where I'm going to put it, I already filled my little storage up with bike stuff. My mum will kill me, if I take up anymore space... :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I quite like it mine still has the burble at higher RPMs and then lots of snap,crackle and pops on the way down :D

The Abba stand is a good investment, it also takes up a lot less room than a paddock stand once you take it off the bike.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I love the induction noise and backfires when you hold it on higher rpms for a bit and than let go off the throttle before a corner there's a loud bang and shoots a longer flame than usually. :D

Its expensive though, I guess I could just get a heavy duty strap and use it to lift the front up with it? The price for the kit to lift the front is a bit of a joke...

Edit

How many on here had Michelin 2CT's on their bike before? How's the grip and what sort of mileage to expect?

Last edited:
Soldato
Old sv parts saved the day! :D

Took the pin out of the rear caliper as rear brake didn't feel right since rear removal of the wheel. The r clip that keeps the retaining pin in place magically disappeared when putting it back in. Couldn't find this clip any where in the garage as it fired off somewhere. Went looking on Google for a replacement, then it hit me!!!!

My old pair of sv calipers, it had one! Problem solved! :D

Anyone else done something similar, little spring/clip gone missing on floor and can't find it!!!! Probably pop up sometime soon.

Rear brake is fine now, maybe something wasn't aligned??

Man of Honour
The in fill bolt I dropped in the dark last night is dull gold anodised as well so I literally thought it had disappeared :D

Broke out the full 2 piece suit for my commute this morning, generally felt weird and my shifting was at the level of a one legged donkey. Need to get used to it again.

Soldato
Think I've found my next jacket, my current furygan brutale Evo II is getting a little 'snug' so I'm gonna get one of these before the summer properly gets here

Ti6sHxll.jpg

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
So off to testride an Indian Scout tomorrow.... Might keep the RC8 as will miss the insanity but living in Derbyshire now sucks on a sports bike :(

Soldato
So off to testride an Indian Scout tomorrow.... Might keep the RC8 as will miss the insanity but living in Derbyshire now sucks on a sports bike :(
Surely you've got the peak district and fantastic roads on your doorstep? Unless every road now has speed cameras?

If there are, I'd want something like an adventure bike that you can throw around the lanes and pothole strewn roads rather than seeking all out speed on a sportsbike.

Back
Top Bottom