Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
Was fortunate enough to have a go on the new Triumph 765 Street Triple RS yesterday (the guy who looks after my MT-09 works for Triumph). What a bit of kit it is, oozes quality and the power delivery is sublime. Made my MT-09 feel a bit agricultural after!

Man of Honour
Done a little over 200 miles yesterday getting round to see my mum and a few other things, no more oil weep from my sump, my Tygon tube res is still attached and functioning nicely and my bike is still actually clean after being washed and waxed on Saturday :eek:

Soldato
Anyone tried ferodo brake pads out? Front are looking thin, and was going to try the brembo's out. Brembo's are £32 for each front caliper, we're you can get a good deal on full set of ferodo pads for £51?

I know ferodo are good for cars, just wondering about bikes too?

Soldato
Did my trip Reading -> Munchen in 2 days. Beautiful weekend to do it, really happy with the weather and how it went generally.

DFDS ferries is ok, they obviously don't want to be responsible for strapping your bike so essentially leave you to do it (guy on boat was helpful enough in his defense) but they don't really tell you how tight to do it or do much for you, unlike brittany ferries who do everything for you. I kinda feel like they probably know how to attach bikes better than I do and have seen more fall/not fall than me so kinda prefer them doing it but small detail. You get on just like brittany ferries, with bicycles so pretty much first on and first off, very nice & easy. Garage is locked so I left most my stuff there, was great. Next time I would probably take the eurotunnel as it's quicker and didn't like the self strapping. I didn't this time as I had to get quite far in a short amount of time so Dunkirk saved me a few miles which is always nice (even if not many!).

I always use the Eurotunnel for that crossing - failing that it is ferry from Harwich to the Hook or Portsmouth to Caen or St Malo. All the ferries I've been on require you to lash them yourself, although I can never get it to work so a mate normally does it for me!

How was the ride down in 2 days - pretty leisurely? We're doing Ipswich to Nuremberg in summer and aiming to do it in one...

Soldato
That's one advantage of living 30 minutes ride from the eurotunnel! My normal train is the 7:50am one, gets there at 8:30am (9:30am local time) and means a not stupid o'clock start for me.

Soldato
I'm looking at bar ends too. I've got mirror extensions on my mirrors, they are great but don't like the look of the mirrors.

£11 for bar end mirrors, look good just not sure on quality.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I had RYDE Bar end mirrors, but they broke when I had my off on diesel, the bike flipped to the left on the grass... :(
xrs4yxNh.jpg.png

Back
Top Bottom