Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
The SC's i've heard in person have been hilarious and noise doesn't transfer well at all over youtube. That said, i personally think the Akra sounds better on those videos; not sure which i prefer the look of...possibly the Akra but i wouldn't say there's a huge preference. Bolt the SC on and see how it sounds!

Soldato
The SC's i've heard in person have been hilarious and noise doesn't transfer well at all over youtube. That said, i personally think the Akra sounds better on those videos; not sure which i prefer the look of...possibly the Akra but i wouldn't say there's a huge preference. Bolt the SC on and see how it sounds!

What do you mean by hilarious?

Soldato
My problem with horrendously loud exhausts is yes it's funny to start up and blip at a set of traffic lights, but if you have to sit on a motorway/dual carriageway for any sort of distance, i don't fancy giving myself a headache/earache :(

Soldato
My problem with horrendously loud exhausts is yes it's funny to start up and blip at a set of traffic lights, but if you have to sit on a motorway/dual carriageway for any sort of distance, i don't fancy giving myself a headache/earache :(

That's why you have your mental little fun bike and a slightly more sensible long distance, not super loud bike :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I'm alive, will go a bit more in-depth on what happened (only just found out myself after nearly a month!). All I'll say for now is that there's a long recovery ahead, so far I'm after 2 operations, 1 more might be required. But its too early to be sure, it also includes some risks... hopefully I wont need it.

p.s Typing with one hand takes ages...

Caporegime
I'm alive, will go a bit more in-depth on what happened (only just found out myself after nearly a month!). All I'll say for now is that there's a long recovery ahead, so far I'm after 2 operations, 1 more might be required. But its too early to be sure, it also includes some risks... hopefully I wont need it.

p.s Typing with one hand takes ages...

Christ, all the best fella, hopefully you pull through ok!

Soldato
I've just got round to fitting these usb sockets to my s1000r. I've crimped o rings on the end and connected straight to the battery, even when the ignition is off, my phone still charges.

Will this draw any power if my phone isn't connected?

DROK® Car Power Converter DC 8-20V 12V to 5V/3A Voltage Converter Parallel Dual USB Adapter Connector https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GXXFBC0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_XrMtzbAKPK7AD

Soldato
Hmm, if I come back to a dead battery after 1 day or so I'll take it off and wire it into the ignition instead.

I've also wired my Garmin to the battery with the o ring, I know you can buy a canbus lead as bmw supply a socket on the bike just for a satnav.

Back
Top Bottom