Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Phone Direct Line & put both your parents on the policy. Was a few hundred less than anything I could find on GoCompare etc. for my car.

Now enough car talk. :p
I'll give it a try, on my own they quoted me 7-8k or something ridiculous like that.

Soldato
Failed to get good footage again.

Wrapped 3 sponge protectors over the mic and put it in my inside pocket under my jumper and inside a pocket, still picking up wind noise at anything over 40mph.

Plus I had the camera slightly too low so it's not pointing at the road :( :( :p

Man of Honour
Failed to get good footage again.

Wrapped 3 sponge protectors over the mic and put it in my inside pocket under my jumper and inside a pocket, still picking up wind noise at anything over 40mph.

Plus I had the camera slightly too low so it's not pointing at the road :( :( :p

If is in a bad location no amount of foam will help.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
You've that ugly screen on your S1KR, right? Do you've a ram gopro mount? Could put it on your handlebars, that way the screen will protect it from the wind.

Soldato
@tom_e A few quick tips on how to save yourself a bit of cash on insurance, completely legal. :p

-Raise the excess to maximum
-Select Road instead of driveway
-Try different job titles
-Try to put someone elderly (a female is better) as the main driver and add yourself on
-BlackBox

I'm currently using uSwitch, as lately confused seems to be buggy and doesn't show all the insurers that I get on uSwitch. lol

Completely legal? I don't think so. And the worst part is that you won't find out until you need to make a claim and it is refused.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Didn't even know that, but how can they prove it to you? I guess they can look at logs and see that you commute from your house to workplace at which you work and not the main policy holder. But, if its not a blackbox policy. How can they tell?

Soldato
Well for the black box they'll ask for it when they inspect the bike after you've come off. Once they can't find it they'll void the insurance.
Driving under someone elses name usually has a load of restrictions i.e you can't use it to commute, you can only ride X miles a year or you're only insured 3rd party for example.

Insurance companies will do anything to get out of paying out. It's why I don't declare my lock anymore. If my bike gets nicked because I've forgotten to put the lock on, first question they ask, 'was the lock on?' I say 'no' and they say 'well you told us you locked it, sorry we can't cover you.'

Best to just keep it honest and over time your insurance will come down. You'll regret all those lies when you come to claim.

Soldato
A black box on a motorbike? Wow there'd be no point having a bike. I suspect premiums would go up when they see what some get up to.

Fair enough for first time bikers but I'd leave it there.

Soldato
How much do you expect to get for it? I'd love to be able to repair it and sell it on but I don't have the space :(

The bike is in good condition considering your injuries!

Associate
That would make an awesome commuter. Already a bit bumped up, so it has character pre-installed!

I wish I had a garage so I could actually own a bike. I've been renting and going on weekend blasts every few months.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
How much do you expect to get for it? I'd love to be able to repair it and sell it on but I don't have the space :(

The bike is in good condition considering your injuries!
I will be more than happy with £850, but we'll see how it goes.
That would make an awesome commuter. Already a bit bumped up, so it has character pre-installed!

I wish I had a garage so I could actually own a bike. I've been renting and going on weekend blasts every few months.
I treated the bike with all the good stuff, I was thinking of keeping it. I won't be able to ride anytime soon, so it would be a waste for it to just sit there untouched for so long. I've done it to my liking, there were a few mods I wanted to do, but they were pricey so I didn't bother. :p

Associate
You could always set it up on the stand in the living room.

I used to have a CBR900 doing exactly that. (for no particular reason than I always wanted a first gen CBR, and I didn't want to tax it)

It was funny when people came over, they always used to think there was something special or expensive about it... Nope, just a plain standard '92 with 18,000 miles on it all cleaned and shiny.

Back
Top Bottom