Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Anyone interested in the 2019 Honda CRF450L?, would make a very nice upgrade when i get my full license next year, need to get saving pennies.
I was very tempted as crf250l owner but went for a ktm in the end up as I’ll be off road for 90% of the time and the cost/service intervals aren’t too dissimilar.

If you’re riding on the road most of the time it could be a great option if the price is negotiable and it has a proper ignition/steering lock.

Permabanned
Did you all use the wash in stuff in the washing machine? I found it made it worse :p
best thing to do is put the washing machine on a short 90 deg wash with nothing in it .. no washing powder ..to clean away the residue
then wash what you need to following the instructions ..
I've got a Austrian army gortex pants that are 9 yrs old and still work fine do them once a yr ..
and never never put waterproof jacket pants near a radiator or drier to dry them .. the heat will damage the plastic lining then there f ecked

Soldato
Went down to Bristol Bike Show at St Nick's market today, quite a few more bikes than I'd expected if I'm honest but really very cool lots of old bikes and plenty of new ones too.

y4mwIhkuIfnmrLWfFfoq8GZwqpQAwU8IExVWt1CTF0xv8d14egrzfUUg2_ipbUzdSLWFjmHhwPoXaR507SJScm_uTPKd3UwjSzq9mVCj8QvepHKU2dQkL5EMXq4c0k0hctV0u21oUQ0Dt5JFO3NA7fCAp90ijkF2F042P2-FioXYofH45EDLt0_bZFk9Pm81fJ2KzQuIXASWh4pavJUPyrtsg

y4mDQv4TYK3JqyxOWYwKA70BNjo7YZi6LqLbcY-2a-N7xFHuCXvAUDOaSEwFDw_zOzt3llOEcuop4_qTDrg8ScjlHjPssmbopkh-V7oEOxXc81pBh2Agbd0ek6JcVJoodJmArHJjv4PaieqWbebwM4dN932-ByR95wXFhkonQwNWHKX0Jmyv8bx_nujiS5ut7YJQkQbwCsmkJ0df3vqJqYvVw

This guy let the kid rev the bike and he loved that, always good to see people being nice and interacting with others. That sort of thing is always missing from car shows in my opinion along with people being polite if they walk in front of the camera and apologise, car shows people are completely oblivious to cameras.

y4m5L3m7cEqBZf6xoQsCMhRbTwm7qXxUTM1aQy0z77imsRV7x70LstQ6hoYzyvhQ3u6JU7t11NIsI5SZaHMrpIPodrQI0HmIWlJ1IFIs5t_p2u83mB_4T_5OZlsNme04bqqKpOgPb1jjlPu5bhQfS1O7FnnPkGMJMVEEkTsctCbXNohDAIR8f0zXpLgPmB8BnU1kZIzMHUjCtF4_PoM4gNY9Q

Associate
So the wife has been hinting at me that she would potentially like to do some 2-up touring in the near future.

What bikes would people recommend for being able to do this comfortably?
I am a 6ft2 fat bloke, so it would need to be comfy for me and a 5ft2 shorty on the back.

Soldato
I think you need to ask yourself some more questions, such as:

- how far are you looking to ride in a day
- what sort of riding will it be
- how much luggage do you think you need to carry
- do you want the bike to be multi purpose (i.e. be fun to ride when Mrs Southy inevitably decides she doesn't want to sit on the back)

Man of Honour
So the wife has been hinting at me that she would potentially like to do some 2-up touring in the near future.

What bikes would people recommend for being able to do this comfortably?
I am a 6ft2 fat bloke, so it would need to be comfy for me and a 5ft2 shorty on the back.

Do you want sports tourer (VFR800/Z1000SX/S1000XR) or adventure (BMW GS)?

Associate
I would expect 50/50 motorway and A-roads, e.g going somewhere using the motorway, followed by some days riding around A-roads, seeing sights etc.
So maybe 200-300 miles in 1 day would be the most I would expect to ride.
Not much luggage, we don't really do camping, so B&B's or Hotels.

Ideally it would also be a replacement for my Street Triple that I use for fun and summer commuting.

My initial thought was something like a GS, but I am not sure how usable an adventure bike would be for commuting? so that would mean maybe running 2 bikes.

Soldato
Depends where you commute, in London probably not a great idea but for most other places the GS is ideal, especially for 2 up riding.

I guess it depends on how much you're wanting to spend and how much you like the looks of the GS as it's not cheap (though it holds its value better than most).

Caporegime
Screw all that noise, what you need is a K1600GT. Huge, comfy, tons of space and toys, still plenty sporty for a cruiser, oh and they sound like this:

Vs Goldwing:

Then get something small and nippy for commuting.

Soldato
I would expect 50/50 motorway and A-roads, e.g going somewhere using the motorway, followed by some days riding around A-roads, seeing sights etc.

Ideally it would also be a replacement for my Street Triple that I use for fun and summer commuting.

My initial thought was something like a GS, but I am not sure how usable an adventure bike would be for commuting? so that would mean maybe running 2 bikes.
VFR800.

:D

Caporegime

K1300s?

Big sport tourer in the vein of a blackbird or her but huge engine and really look looking front suspension (no telescopic forks).

Get one that had the electronics suspension (esa) and its jist a press of a button for swapping between solo and 2 up suspension settings.

Can get them around 5-7k second hand for nice ones

Back
Top Bottom