Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Bike feels lacking in power, not that instant power it felt like it had before or maybe I’m too used to the bike now.

I think you just get used to the power. When you first get a more powerful bike it almost surprises you when you twist the throttle. After a few months, you're expecting it, so it just doesn't feel the same, although it is.

Man of Honour
Went out to fit my heated grips this morning and started eyeing up where to put all the million miles of cabling they supply and gave up, I'm happy to strip down forks, fit chains and all the other more mechanical bits and bobs but I can never be bothered messing with trying to route cabling and get it looking neat and tidy so I'll throw it into a garage for an hours labour and let them stress about it.

Cleaned, lubed and adjusted various bits and bobs that needed doing though so not a wasted morning in the cold.

Soldato
Went out to fit my heated grips this morning and started eyeing up where to put all the million miles of cabling they supply and gave up, I'm happy to strip down forks, fit chains and all the other more mechanical bits and bobs but I can never be bothered messing with trying to route cabling and get it looking neat and tidy so I'll throw it into a garage for an hours labour and let them stress about it.

Cleaned, lubed and adjusted various bits and bobs that needed doing though so not a wasted morning in the cold.
That's part of the reason I'm getting heated gloves this winter, remove seat, attach leads to battery, replace seat... Done :D

Heated grips aren't that hard to fit but gloves are just better. And if you add up the cost of fitting grips to each new bike it's cheaper in the long-term.

Man of Honour
I've already got heated gloves, the grips are just for those times where I've either forgotten my gloves or it's cold but not cold enough to need full winter gloves. The cabling for the gloves was nice and easy to fit to the bike, bit of a ballache to get yourself hooked up when actually on the bike though.

Soldato
He's not after a cruiser though is he, to get a significant boost in torque you'll be getting an increase in bhp too so the bikes I mentioned or a 1290 would be the right kind of direction.
Not neccesarily - 200bhp sports bikes don't actually have a huge amount of torque, for example a 200bhp R1M has less torque than my 139bhp Tuono.

Any 150bhp v-twin will have a fair bit more low down torque than his current S1000r, although that is pretty good for torque and the peak figures are similar, the low down grunt a v-twin will have will be very different.

@Clovis - what about a Monster 1200S? Get the 2017 one and it'll have gobs of torque as well as all the goodies :D

Back
Top Bottom