Bioware's Anthem

Associate
For all its flaws, I found Anthem to be very fun to play. I just jump in, do a few contracts and maybe a stronghold then log off. I don't grind it out for loot, I just jump in my colossus and smash stuff, fly around then smash more things, sometimes I might even fire a gun! This is all on GM 1, i don't see any point doing higher ones.

Maybe my expectations were a lot lower, but I just really enjoy the gameplay. it feels solid and fun.

Associate
I enjoyed playing through Anthem and as above will now probably just logon a few times a week just to have a quick blast in freeplay, or maybe a stronghold. The problem as I see it and ignoring all the loot issues, is that there just isn't enough endgame content there to keep me interested for long. Most of it is rinse and repeat with little variation. And The Division 2 is now out, I see this taking up a lot of my time over the next month or so and then something else will be out...probably Rage 2.

Soldato
Soldato
Haven't played for well over a week now, this new does not surprise me but this problem isn't something easily patched, it would require a whole rewrite of the code for how damage and stats are calculated no ?

The entire function and purpose of the game is messed up yes and I wouldn't be surprised if fixes for this ever come or are months away.
It seems pretty deeply ingrained.

The main issues are the biggest part of the game, as it's a "looter game".
-Loot in how you get it (how little, how impactful)
-Loot in how it works. (Stat wise, behind the scenes etc).
-Loot visually - Most games give your armour and weapon that look better and cooler as you go on, in this there's just cosmetic armour they've already run out of cycling in the cash shop and the guns all look the same reskinned.

The main hooks to keep playing these games are not there. :(

Just to clarify, there has been new armour but it's like 1 set left per class as per http://anthemarchive.com/?l=en&p=cosmetics#!

I think?.

V F

V F

Soldato
This patch doesn't seem to be all that good, last week or the week before when it was released. Last night at the menu it can sometimes reload because it lost connectivity to the servers. This usually always happens from exiting to the main menu. Then issues of unable to loot/pickup stuff or revive people. Sound crackling in Fort Tardis through the doors heading towards your suit, then sometimes the sound dropping out while out in the world in battle.

Or worse, your suit crashed, couldn't respond to anything and all the UI was gone. No keys would work but you could move the camera.

Besides all that, I thought they fixed that crap if you're too far away from your squad. Looting stuff while you didn't know your squad left then up pops respawning in 8 - 5 seconds. :mad:

Associate
This patch doesn't seem to be all that good, last week or the week before when it was released. Last night at the menu it can sometimes reload because it lost connectivity to the servers. This usually always happens from exiting to the main menu. Then issues of unable to loot/pickup stuff or revive people. Sound crackling in Fort Tardis through the doors heading towards your suit, then sometimes the sound dropping out while out in the world in battle.

Or worse, your suit crashed, couldn't respond to anything and all the UI was gone. No keys would work but you could move the camera.

Besides all that, I thought they fixed that crap if you're too far away from your squad. Looting stuff while you didn't know your squad left then up pops respawning in 8 - 5 seconds. :mad:

I’ve noticed some of the above. I’ve had occasional issues when switching Javelins in the forge. Beyond that a couple of DCs but I can’t rule my internet out.

Unable to repair someone has happened once. As well as being trapped inside some scaffolding on a very early mission.

Regarding the loot and respawn timer, sometimes this does activate way too quick particularly in a stronghold and someone is rushing everything through.

Whilst these have interrupted and irritated me to an extent, I don’t feel my overall enjoyment has been too badly impacted.

V F

V F

Soldato
I’ve noticed some of the above. I’ve had occasional issues when switching Javelins in the forge. Beyond that a couple of DCs but I can’t rule my internet out.

Unable to repair someone has happened once. As well as being trapped inside some scaffolding on a very early mission.

Regarding the loot and respawn timer, sometimes this does activate way too quick particularly in a stronghold and someone is rushing everything through.

Whilst these have interrupted and irritated me to an extent, I don’t feel my overall enjoyment has been too badly impacted.

When the bugs aren't hitting hard, it's a hell of a fun game. I too only hit level 12 last night. Managed to take on a Titan solo in one of the missions as Intercepter on Hard difficulty but damn, those heat seaking orb things it throws. I'm still sadly severely underleveled compared to see other players that can drill through them with ease.

Associate
When the bugs aren't hitting hard, it's a hell of a fun game. I too only hit level 12 last night. Managed to take on a Titan solo in one of the missions as Intercepter on Hard difficulty but damn, those heat seaking orb things it throws. I'm still sadly severely underleveled compared to see other players that can drill through them with ease.

I levelled to 20 this evening and received two purples. Yep those titans are often painful at times. For me it’s the fire waves more than anything that catch me out as a Storm.

I tried Interceptor but it’s not for me right now. I can see how playing with a decent group would help an interceptor especially for the combos aura.

Still loving it. Be glad to join up with you if you fancy it? Happy to play your missions etc to catch up to mine. (I’ve done about 5 or 6 repeats of the first stronghold to farm a bit of gear.)

Soldato
Oh yeah, just ******* brilliant. Flying around Freeplay collecting a **** load of materials and loads of blue drops from World Events when it suddenly kicks me to a loading screen with a "Connection Problem: The server has shutdown" message. So all my XP, materials and drops are gone. Thanks EA, how about you invest some of those billions into decent servers eh?

V F

V F

Soldato
Oh yeah, just ******* brilliant. Flying around Freeplay collecting a **** load of materials and loads of blue drops from World Events when it suddenly kicks me to a loading screen with a "Connection Problem: The server has shutdown" message. So all my XP, materials and drops are gone. Thanks EA, how about you invest some of those billions into decent servers eh?

Since I've opened the required ports I've had two nights of solid gameplay. No, menu kicks, no gameplay kicks. Even the gameplay seemed to feel smoother.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Associate

I have mentioned this before, if you ever DC, jump back into the game, go to a mission or Freeplay, then exit and at the status report screen, all your previously lost stuff WILL be there. I have done so with 2 hours DC.

I am in the same boat, when I forst started to play the game I got some nice loot, now everything is pants, so all I do is jump in and casual play. I did GM2 and GM3, pain in the ass and I never got any better loot, frankly it seemed much worse than GM1. If something drops great, if not great, whatever, the game is extremely fun in small dozes. It will be a shame to see it die when it didn't even live.

The better weapon do actually look different, not just re-skins. Yes the armours don't but that is expected at how the game is designed. They have plenty of different Armours in the shops, I just never got the coins to buy them at around 60k each. There are at least 10 different ones. I guess since you don't play the game, you probably didn't see all of the different armour, paint finishes and vinyls available.

Associate
Wow I had no idea this game looked so good.Some DLSS compares,DLSS is the way I am going to play FPS increase at 4K is game changer.

4K Raw PNG Images

Used jpeg for compare because png are over 12MB+ each.Click for full size

Back
Top Bottom