Black Desert Online

Associate
I've just started production of mine, I had a stock pile of about 1000 log's that I'm processing at the moment, in drips and drabs. I've just got my Wizard to 56 now, that's my 4th character to get to this level. Now that's done I can focus on building my ship!

Having said that I have been speaking to my brother about what ship to build, I think we'll look at building a guild ship. I've not really looked into the process at all yet, I might have a look at that tonight.

I'm still yet to add you to my friends list in game, we must do this at some point!

I'm assuming that a friend request to 1 character will notify me regardless of which alt im on at the time. Mercury1 is my life skiller i'll likely be on for the next few hours though, they're named Mercury_[class] in most cases.

I have absolutely no idea how you do the guild boat tbh. The guild production tab has 3 spots but no way of initiating something. Might be because were insignificantly small (2 ppl) and unable to do that stuff.

Associate
I'm assuming that a friend request to 1 character will notify me regardless of which alt im on at the time. Mercury1 is my life skiller i'll likely be on for the next few hours though, they're named Mercury_[class] in most cases.

I have absolutely no idea how you do the guild boat tbh. The guild production tab has 3 spots but no way of initiating something. Might be because were insignificantly small (2 ppl) and unable to do that stuff.

I added you last night, not sure if you got it ok though?

As far as a guild boat is concerned you need to have a guild house in order to be able to build one, as my guild only has 5 members I doubt we'll get a chance to bid on one!

I saw there tweet about the DK awakening, I can't say I'm that excited about it, I think my Wizard and Musa will be enough for me to focus on, having said that I will get the awakening weapon next week! More importantly does that mean the new area is coming out too?

Associate
I added you last night, not sure if you got it ok though?

As far as a guild boat is concerned you need to have a guild house in order to be able to build one, as my guild only has 5 members I doubt we'll get a chance to bid on one!

I saw there tweet about the DK awakening, I can't say I'm that excited about it, I think my Wizard and Musa will be enough for me to focus on, having said that I will get the awakening weapon next week! More importantly does that mean the new area is coming out too?

Yeah i got it, was out at the time. Ive been playing on Mediah 2 lately, although forever swapping & changing. Latest move was because i caught someone bot mining, next to Trent town for 5hrs while chopping & processing logs. Needed to get a flare to reveal their name cos in their infinite wisdom they sell something that hides your name so you can try to cheat while anon. Was told i could try and party invite to break the script, didnt work, and later realised they now have my name on a request that has zero logical justification, so they'll know they were seen cheating by me. #1 on Red Battlefield on that channel - great. Might try channel swapping in a week, see if i can find them to see if they've been banned or not, but considering they've paid for clothing and a cheat, if they return on a new account, and made a note of my name, they could locate me with their guilds help - if they're aware of their antics.

From what i read from a comment with no source given, they said Kamy was being released in SEPTEMBER!?! I was initially disappointed, but if Kamy is the 60+ region, and people dont farm the 56+ region, its not going to solve any problems and its just going to be another area thats deadly to go into.

Associate
From this mornings live stream (note, this is Korean content, we'll see it like 6mo later when its translated etc)
http://dulfy.net/2017/04/08/black-desert-new-content-announcement-for-2017/

- New personal combat-focused ship. Epheria for fishing & trade, this new one being intended for combat.
- New ocean boss called Bel, for ship based combat, its said to be 'the size of Heidel'... i'll avoid that, thx.
- 2 New Classes, one called Striker which seems like its ready or close to release, male, martial arts focused. The other was just a silhouette saying nothing was determined, kinda pointless showing it really, i mean it was female.. with 'sex not determined' :/
- The Kamasylavia Pt2 update (no pt3 now it seems) has the capital city which looks nice, a couple of new grinding zones including a lv53-55, 57-59 and 60+.
- A new PvE Horde game mode, like Red Battlefield is for PvP.
- Class balance plans - making the weaker ones gradually stronger, rather than nerfing the strongest.
- New Life skill - 'climbing' which eventually will allow you to climb things like castle walls. Also mentioned they're looking into arts like pottery, craft or something along those lines.
- New Flying airship, was rumoured a while back but not taken too seriously.
- Second Awakening, being able to transform some of the basic skills into powers equal to the awakening ones.

No specifics for NA/EU, as its a Korean event, but as i say, expect it a good 6mo down the road.

Soldato
Finally had a brief go on this today. Character creation is fantastic

Went witch in the end, probably about level 11 at the moment just following what feels like tutorial quests.

The interface does feel a bit cluttered and a tad confusing, is there anything I can clear up or remove with no impact to me? Combat feels good, just need to get used to it!

Spent points on casting speed increase so far. I like the auto run system, seems to suit mmos well

Associate
Theres a few things you can change on the interface, most important of which IMO is removing those damn huge messages constantly popping up telling you some dipstick just failed an enhance or listed something you cant afford on the marketplace!

Esc > Settings > Game
GwsCh3Q.jpg

Looking at my settings, it seems as thought i should also disable 'recommended pearl item notifications' but ive not seen that enabled for a while anyway, when i thought i'd disabled it.

Also, have a look at Esc > Edit UI
That'll let you move things around, and disable some things.

Its 21:9, but this is how i have things - note some items are fixed and you have no control of, and some are hidden.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pebnmd6nclap6c3/2017-04-09_964456778.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6w4hoe14ddc309j/2017-04-09_964477505.JPG

I'd definitely recommend the 3-part chat though. If you click the [+] when you're hovering over the chatbox it'll let you create a new chat window. Disable everything except for:
top = System > Private Item and System > Farming
middle = System > Worker
bottom = Everything, just disable the System stuff.

This means that the top box tells you about what you've recently picked up from loot, pulled out of storage, processed, cooked, caught fishing etc. The middle box is what you're workers have done, most importantly it helps highlight when a worker has stopped, allowing you to give him some beer and send him back out. The bottom is the toxic stuff the community comes out with :D it can be useful. Its also worthwhile blocking people, particularly those who spam chat.
My blocklist (removes anything containing certain keywords) includes the following:

YcygM5y.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Very helpful post again, thanks :)

I shall have a look at the settings and make some changes tonight

I do get a feeling that I could find something to really enjoy here, maybe once the very basic quests are out the way and I get to exploring it may pull me in completely.

Associate
NP, Feel free to ask a torrent of questions :D Im not the most experienced, but wasnt that long ago i started so the early struggle is still something i can relate to.

So, after waiting 6 days for the loyalty points to hit 5k in order to buy a +1 character slot, at 11pm hours before i'd get it anyway, land on 700pts on the board game. Its so damn typical! Meanwhile mate hits a 1500 and 700 in the space of about 36hrs. EVIL!! We'll both be levelling one tomorrow evening.
I did have some nice luck though, 2x T5's came together and gave me a nice T7 which is probably as high as i'll ever see, and decent stats too. It'll likely end up a potato with junk abilities though :D

2 questions for Morley:
1) Have you or one of your friends ever done anything with Alchemy stones? Its something i wanted to get into with the Wizard but the Alch quests weren't available at the time and i did a few with the Sorc cos she'd done a couple. But its something i wanted to try, but hear its throwing mats at unlikely success. With no success trying to get any life stone, i saw 2 white rough stones for 900k and got them both. They're junk, but i can experiment on them, and -0.7sec cooking & alch, +7% proc chance isnt terrible for under 1m even if it'll lose durability each use, and if i bump em a few levels to sharp even better, and it sits in a slot not my inventory like potions or food. Im interested in hearing your thoughts, cos the MP feels like i'd have to camp it for a while or commit say 45m to a 40m stone to get a decent one on preorder cos i havent nabbed one through RNG bidding.

2) Have you seen that the latest patch added blue Epheria boat parts? 2nd Floor No 1-4 (12CP cost, incl +5 lodging and +13 storage). The parts required are quite horrific!
HwLqvs2.jpg
The components that you've not already experienced or seen before are crafted from loot from sea monsters, pearl diving, and whale hunting. 1500 Palm plywood is another nightmare (thankfully i already had 2 blue giants at Arehaza - east of Valencia, right next to a dual palm node, which has a decent chance of palm plank). I desperately want them though, ive not seen pics but the images make it seem like it'll look amazing, and they're blue grade parts so hopefully decent too. I've relocated my Lv35 cook out there to level processing to bring the house fame up, and her chopping trees and processing silk in Val will help.
1 worker on it would only cost 4CP, but its an additional 7CP to get a 2nd on there, because of the cost of the resource nodes, and the 1+3CP to get an extra lodging (a +2 as well), though its probably pretty viable to just go with 1 worker because none of those items can realistically be built without going out to sea AFAIK.
The black plating is the only one i think *might* be viable for me currently, but thats dependant upon the glue being accessible (heating lobster, so... finding lobster in pearls i believe). Im not remotely fussed about the cannons, but i need them cos they'll complete the set :D

Oh, i also caved and bought 2 more pets :o, a Mediah guard dog (Alpha, from UP) and Choppy (White Rabbit, from Alice). The grind is so much easier now, hated the idea of leaving loot behind and picking it up slowed things a ton.

Last edited:
Associate
2 questions for Morley:
1) Have you or one of your friends ever done anything with Alchemy stones? Its something i wanted to get into with the Wizard but the Alch quests weren't available at the time and i did a few with the Sorc cos she'd done a couple. But its something i wanted to try, but hear its throwing mats at unlikely success. With no success trying to get any life stone, i saw 2 white rough stones for 900k and got them both. They're junk, but i can experiment on them, and -0.7sec cooking & alch, +7% proc chance isnt terrible for under 1m even if it'll lose durability each use, and if i bump em a few levels to sharp even better, and it sits in a slot not my inventory like potions or food. Im interested in hearing your thoughts, cos the MP feels like i'd have to camp it for a while or commit say 45m to a 40m stone to get a decent one on preorder cos i havent nabbed one through RNG bidding.

2) Have you seen that the latest patch added blue Epheria boat parts? 2nd Floor No 1-4 (12CP cost, incl +5 lodging and +13 storage). The parts required are quite horrific!
HwLqvs2.jpg
The components that you've not already experienced or seen before are crafted from loot from sea monsters, pearl diving, and whale hunting. 1500 Palm plywood is another nightmare (thankfully i already had 2 blue giants at Arehaza - east of Valencia, right next to a dual palm node, which has a decent chance of palm plank). I desperately want them though, ive not seen pics but the images make it seem like it'll look amazing, and they're blue grade parts so hopefully decent too. I've relocated my Lv35 cook out there to level processing to bring the house fame up, and her chopping trees and processing silk in Val will help.
1 worker on it would only cost 4CP, but its an additional 7CP to get a 2nd on there, because of the cost of the resource nodes, and the 1+3CP to get an extra lodging (a +2 as well), though its probably pretty viable to just go with 1 worker because none of those items can realistically be built without going out to sea AFAIK.
The black plating is the only one i think *might* be viable for me currently, but thats dependant upon the glue being accessible (heating lobster, so... finding lobster in pearls i believe). Im not remotely fussed about the cannons, but i need them cos they'll complete the set :D

I don't know anything about the Alchemy Stones, I've not really touched on cooking and Alchemy, just Gathering, Processing, and Fishing (I've just started doing this on my Life Skill alt).

I've seen the extra parts to the sail boat, I've continued doing the Epheria daily quest to carry on getting the plans. I've also been grinding mobs to get the "Trace of......." needed for each item, I should looking into getting the Palm, as I explored Valencia at the weekend (love this city shame it's so difficult to get too). I've got to link it up with current network of nodes so I can start transporting things too and from as I process all of my materials in Epheria Port. I will have to leave an alt at the City though I think that makes the most sense!

This weekend I also was pushing my Main to get to 57, I think this will be my next focus, I want to get him to 60 before the new area comes out ideally

Also
When you are in the Sea, there is no such thing as negative Karma, anything that happens out there has no penalty in Karma. I was out at Sea in my fishing boat the other day, and a guild boat blasted me out the water, sunk my ship and killed me. So you might need those upgraded cannons after all lol ;)

Associate
Yeah, we were killed by a guild ship within about 10min of being out at sea. Spent about 4hrs since without issue though, weird. Im not even sure that it make any sense to link Valencia up to anywhere. I dont believe there are ANY NPC trade vehicles. I have Arehaza & Valencia connected, but without a service to move items, theres no option. The only benefit i can think of would be for M2 trading benefits to get the 250% payment. Problem with adding cannons is theres only 2 of us, and we're going to die if someone fires first, so im in no rush :D

I looked at some Alchemy info, the durability repair seems to be the expensive part, clear or liquid reagent = 1dur, 'Blood of the...' mixes recover 5, and 'Oil of...' are 10. The 1dur's aren't hard but expensive, the 5s & 10s require one of the previous and a few other bits. Trying to upgrade them doesnt seem so bad at all, you just put a load of basic resources and it builds up a bar. Life = crops, grains & herbs. Combat = ores, jewels, processed ores & jewels. Defence = woods, saps, and proc'd both. That i dont mind, i'll throw a ton of herbs at it, i have 10k silk honey, 8k Azalea etc. So if i can change the white to green+ and improve the shape, just throwing junk resources at it... great.

Im really not looking forward to the slog towards Lv60. It'd help if i remembered to use the 200% 30min bonus each day and just did a little, but i always forget and then leave the bonus for the next day (where i'll forget again). Also, i was extremely underwhelmed by the awakening at first, i did screw up the skill pts, but once i'd got each move enabled and focused on only doing awakened attacks, my god is it powerful :D I was able to do the Elrics rotation for about 3hs solo, rarely any mana or health issues (ie couldnt attack or had to run to heal) and it was infinitely faster and easier. Was able to go to Basilisk at night and plough through them, where the days before it was a slow attack-move-attack-move with them dying of boredom, with them respawning and being pulled before i'd finished the original lot.

edit - ive just seen that the Witch i created and only went to see the skills manager, havent fired a single shot, has me at Lv6 already :D Skillz ;)

Associate
Finally finished the Epheria boat, those star pattern Easter eggs with +2 gather have made even Beginner1.00 gathering pretty tolerable.
I bought the 4 green upgrades from Velia (~20m) which wiped me out, and we started heading to Ratt as theres plenty of places for lobsters for glue. Got no further than 10-15% and the ghost ships were hurting us pretty badly, so we bailed with our tails between our legs!
I dont see me obtaining ANY of the blue ship parts, its just too much, 3/4 of the ingredients are okay, then theres always 1 which is a nightmare. They cant be sold, so no chance of getting them. Maybe in a large guild with a few people in ships so 1 person can loot it and make the part, then do the same for the next person etc. Not 2 people, minimum of 10+ IMO.

So now im not sure what the next goal will be, the guild stuff is unobtainable, boss gear too RNG or expensive to buy and then getting it to 200+DP will cost about 250-500m. T8 Horses appeals to me, but not the RNG nature of trying for one or likelihood of getting a potato. Combat levelling is one, but im not that fussed about putting 20+hrs into Lv56->57 let alone the rest. I also still have no real vision of how i'll make decent money from life skills, even with 260CP im not selling anything. Maybe i need to scale back CP into worker nodes, and focus on 1-2 production properties to make end-products, but my need to dabble in everything makes it hard to not see a need to keep every node and just get more CP - which gets spent in the same way.

We did get our Witches to Lv50 though, we both need better gear though, however i can live with using my Wizards gear for as long as i want to bench him. Lv56 on her is the short-term goal though, see what comes after that. Probably shouldnt have gone full steam on the boat :D

Associate
@kinger8938
Did you have chance to get through enough of the main quest and explore the other aspects of the game?

I did one of my big sell-ups today, i hadnt realised we can buy 1-day VPs with loyalty points (1400/14 days worth) which is pretty much ideal for me. Its one thing losing 35% on random loot, but its too much on high value items and too meaningful on my start-up income. I managed to cover a 2nd DUO Liverto staff (witch & wiz) and her green TRI sphera which hopefully will be unlocked this weekend.
I've also been trying to pick up mid-tier enhanced accessories too, DUO red coral rings, PRI red coral earring (+1 base witches), and still on the Ancient belt/neck combo for now. I might just try enhancing both to PRI once with Cron stones and cross my fingers, and live with damaged accessories a while if need be.
Right now im spending too much on equipping multiple characters rather than having an outright main with better gear, hopefully that will end now. I want either wizard or witch for bosses, and level the other. I die too frequently to consider bosses while mid-lvling, but i was surviving decent hits with 200dp gear which is reassuring. Wont save me every time, but doesnt punish every lagspike or lapse in focus etc.

I did spend about 2h sailing around the islands between Epheria & Velia getting the knowledge and also stopping at Giant Oyster spots, and managed to get 13 glue from that, putting me at 15 now. However ive not really kept at it, the respawn isnt frequent enough to warrant putting a few alts out on islands and switching, so might as well just sail from place to place. At least i got a few and eventually i'll be able to make the plating armor if nothing else. I also did the amity games to get the boatmen. Got all 4 then found out you can only use 1 at a time. The cost 1m each plus the time & energy wasted unlocking them.

Caporegime
didn't play for a stupidly long time probably since about 1month after release.
Just logged in and had like 97million fame fund :O

Whats considered a lot of money these days billions?

Associate
Yeah, heard plenty of stories of people returning and sitting on a huge nest egg thanks to the daily fame :D Part of me thinks its not right and should be based on you at least logging in, but at the same time i think its a useful injection of cash for many rather than returning to scraps where they left it.

Billions is considered flush with cash, if you've got hundreds of millions then theres always something you can improve on, but when you've got around 500m+ and not spent it, its probably because whats left is pretty rare and you cant have a pre-order trying to grab multiple items. I raised and spent ~350m in less than 24h, although im still fairly new (only recently started getting enhance accessories, for example) so its very easy to spend that sort of money - a lot of mine is going trying to have 3 characters with decent level appropriate gear (170m weapon, 150m awakened, about 40-50m in accessories, but shared armor for now).

I managed to grab a PRI Ancient belt & necklace earlier, both within ~5min. I went for the belt and didnt see a notification for the necklace and it was in bidding, and got lucky with both (i'd watched a few go to preorders). Not a huge increase, but it seems like at 150AP its all about expensive baby-steps to 200+AP.

Associate
I've just switched from doing the early Valencia quests on my Witch, to my Wizard to afk process (mainly to recover energy for a rainy day, recently went through 1200EN across 5 alts before finally getting a professional worker, got a 2nd 200 later thankfully.) and after piling on a load of resources i decided i'd grab my Hercules armor (+200 weight) from storage so i could carry more, and just as i close the warehouse screen down, something caught my eye - at some point in time, without ever even knowing it, i'd picked up Bheg gloves and they've just been sat in his inventory and ive been shuffling around likely moaning about the fact that i never get anything good from them!

Im thinking i must have got them from doing the daily scrolls, we pretty much do a weeks worth each weekend because we both have knowledge that lets us auto-complete it so we dont have to do the 100 giant kills each day, just collect it and get the few black stones, hunter seals, and junk loot each weekend. So im thinking i've got it from those red reward bundles and ive just spammed through them for the bheg fragments while stood next to the NPC at Western Guard Camp to get the pathetic 100k gold bars, and with the constant unpack bundle upto 100% weight, then hand them in and unpack more, ive just not realised its given it to me - i'd have expected my character to do the little celebration like when finding a hard/sharp or getting items from events - and i dont see how i'd have missed it then.

So ive finally got my first piece of boss gear, and it took me ~2 days to even notice :D It'll probably take me about a month before i'd be using it, too. I'd been thinking about making a start with enhancing, simply because if i ever wanted a BoS piece then its not likely to come from the MP higher than base value, and i'd like to use the 10% XP crystal we got the other week, but that kinda needs to be my last ever helmet otherwise i have to destroy it to get the crystal back. So i either need to snipe Grunil TRI/TET before slotting it, or use it now and be somewhat forced to enhance it in the future (or lose 50mil helmet). Getting Giaths is probably the ideal scenario, and enhance it, but sod all hope of that really. Its the cost, uncertainty, and repairs involved in enhancing that puts me off. Apparently last weeks update has made it much better, with a lower durability damage for normal attempts, and a higher dur hit but better chance of success mode too.

Soldato
I've been thinking of getting this, just wondering what's going on with the steam release etc.

I am playing on the 7 day trial & just noticed they are releasing on steam, does anyone know if much will change regarding pricing / packs etc when it comes out on steam?

Looking at the page it seems like you still need a game account + a steam account to play so just another process/layer to use resources?

I'm not bothered about having steam to launch the game as the launcher/patcher seems ok so might just get the game once my 7 day trial is up unless there are other advantages to steam :confused:

Associate
I havent a clue why it needs a new account, but it'll be the same servers you're logging into. The only positive i can think of is that if you have steam credit or do trading then you have the ability to buy BDO credit (Daum Cash into 'Pearls') with your steam wallet.
I assumed it was just a matter of them not being willing to pay for existing players to have a steam key, but if you cant buy it again and log in with an existing account... wtf. I cant imagine the prices being any different though, in fact, i'd say theres more chance of the steam release being the same price in euros & dollars, but the pound price being inflated compared to the converted euro price we'd pay from their site.

Soldato
I actually downloaded the free 7 day trial of this over the weekend and have played a bit. A little overwhelming but i can see it's depth on the surface so not a bad thing. I will be waiting until it launches on steam before i buy it as i like my steam games.

Back
Top Bottom