Black Myth: Wukong

What do you mean? It's automatic. IS it enabled in the NVIDIA app and have you turned HDR on windows on?
Also if you have two screens on it wont work.
Also above, I have it enabled in global settings so I don't need to turn it on, I do however need to turn it off in games that don't let you turn HDR off in game (BG3 for example).
It's enabled globally in nvidia app. HDR is on. Auto HDR is off. I'm on 1 monitor. :confused:

Last edited:
The fox is more trivial than some of the other bosses not far off. Just down to what skill tree items have been enabled. I can get him down to 20% health but then don't have enough health myself and even a bit of fire takes me down for example. I don't want to do the others before this one as I like order. The white wolf and man baby are a walk away.

It's enabled globally in nvidia app. HDR is on. Auto HDR is off. I'm on 1 monitor. :confused:

Weird. I have no idea what could be stopping it.
Edit Hang on, isn't it a 4x series thing? Your sig says 3090.
Edit2: Apparently not, so should be ok.

Last edited:
The fox is more trivial than some of the other bosses not far off. Just down to what skill tree items have been enabled. I can get him down to 20% health but then don't have enough health myself and even a bit of fire takes me down for example. I don't want to do the others before this one as I like order. The white wolf and man baby are a walk away.
Have you checked your consumables? There might be something that’ll help with the fire element as well as the fight in general.

I've played about 4 hours tonight and done about 8 bosses (of various kinds) inc a hidden one. It's amazing fun and once you unlock the transformations etc you really do start to feel pretty powerful.

Also I'm surprised by how much there is to explore, I mean it not massive openworld but it's big enough that I just want to explore every corner.

So glad it's doing well, we really need devs like this and games like this, if the people like in MRK's post above don't like it then that's their problem, I think the millions playing this says it all really.

Also the performance is excellent, I have it installed on my Gaming PC (4090 etc), my Laptop (3080 etc) and my ROG Ally and it's perfectly playable on all even the ally (although at low-mediumn settings). A game that works on release, that's new!

Last edited:
Oh no, some folks are up in arms about the game's success!

EkoyOca.png

qbBmPHc.png

:D

The same lot that moaned and whined about Harry Potter, meanwhile all the "normal" folk enjoyed a great game.

Let em I say, I can't hear them over the awesome audio and gameplay of Wukong anyway.

RTX HDR does seem to work:

On
RyvI9Mi.jpeg

Off:
lKvOMw6.jpeg

You can see some of the lifted shadows have retained more detail and illumination is more obvious on the rocks. The photos were taken in manual mode for ref so the exact same exposure.

Also someone has released a mod to remove the over-sharpening

Though doesn't seem to work for me, maybe it doesn't work with path tracing.

What monitor are you using there?

Alienware AW3225QF (QD-OLED) - The HDR version of my video is now processed on youtube so you can see what it's like when using RTX HDR:

Obviously YouTube will only play back HDR on Edge/Chrome on Windows, or watch it on your TV/phone/tablet that use an OLED panel for the best experience.

Last edited:
I've just downloaded it and have been struggling with stuttering audio. Anybody else had these issues?
I'm running a 6800xt @ 1080p (on High) with a Ryzen 5 5600x (and 32Gb Ram) which seemed fine when running the benchmark.
I've just realized I installed it on my back up HDD so am just moving it across to my SSD to see if that resolves it, any thoughts?

How similar is this to God of War's gameplay loop and how much does it lean into progression barriers with hard as nails boss encounters? I'm definitely down for the first but cba with the second. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom