Black Myth: Wukong

Only thing I think needs adjusting from a patch is the delay on the heal, there's a few times where I'm mashing L1 and it just isn't doing anything.

Also am a bit lost in chapter 3 currently.

I've just turned into a fox, found a giant temple but, outside of the first campfire, haven't really got any meaningful way of making good progression...

Last edited:
Only thing I think needs adjusting from a patch is the delay on the heal, there's a few times where I'm mashing L1 and it just isn't doing anything.

Also am a bit lost in chapter 3 currently.

I've just turned into a fox, found a giant temple but, outside of the first campfire, haven't really got any meaningful way of making good progression...

Yeah I found that a few times, press to heal and nothing until I press it again, by which time I'm having to dodge an attack :cry:

Yeah I found that a few times, press to heal and nothing until I press it again, by which time I'm having to dodge an attack :cry:
I've noticed some oddness in ghost inputs too. I try to heavy attack and my monkey doesn't do anything (yes I have enough stamina). Maybe I'm mashing too many buttons at once!

Thought i'll share some things i've recognised from chapter 1-3 so far.
Sun wukong - The monkey king as we know, of course this has inspired Son Goku from Dragonball
4/5 Giant warriors - 4 of the shorter one are based on the 4 heavenly kings
Erlang - Three eyed warrior, as we know is practically equal in fighting ability to Wukong. Also Tien from Dragonball was also inspired by this character
Guanyin - By default these days has always been pictured as a woman, looks like that reviewer didn't pay attention to the cutscene at the end of chapter 1.
Black bear demon - A servant/disciple to Guanyin
3/4 - They have included the 4 dragon kings as well, which so far i've only encountered 3 of them(black, red and cyan/blue) and ironically they are the same colour as depicted in a manga + manga OVA show Souryuuden/Legend of the 4 kings
A female dragon - One of the main boss fight in chapter 3, thought i'll include this here as apparently the game isn't diverse enough. Even though they have released a trailer a couple years back showing the spider demoness
Zhu Bajie/ Pigsy - Of course I have encountered the pig, who was also following Wukong + monk to retrieve the scripture, his character portrayal in the game is great
The little jewels things you get from the fox is clearly paying tribute to some of the "special" jewels shown in the book + show that have powers

I've noticed some oddness in ghost inputs too. I try to heavy attack and my monkey doesn't do anything (yes I have enough stamina). Maybe I'm mashing too many buttons at once!

Haha yea I know what you mean. The only other thing I've found to have a response issue is the dodge! Or at least I'm saying it's an issue as an excuse why I got hit :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom