Black Myth: Wukong

How close is the game benchmark tool performance to the actual game? will pick this up at Xmas as im fortunate enough to get near 3 weeks off for it so I always pick up a single player game to play through over that period, while the mrs watches Xmas tv.
On the benchmark I get just over 60fps average at 1440p, DLSS at 75% and every setting on high.

I was quite suprised - currently running a old AMD 3600x and a nvidia 3060ti - will be upgrading the CPU at xmas anyway to a 58003dx or a 57003dx and may pick up a new GPU so performance should improve but intrested to know how my hardware would run if I dont upgrade?

How close is the game benchmark tool performance to the actual game? will pick this up at Xmas as im fortunate enough to get near 3 weeks off for it so I always pick up a single player game to play through over that period, while the mrs watches Xmas tv.
On the benchmark I get just over 60fps average at 1440p, DLSS at 75% and every setting on high.

I was quite suprised - currently running a old AMD 3600x and a nvidia 3060ti - will be upgrading the CPU at xmas anyway to a 58003dx or a 57003dx and may pick up a new GPU so performance should improve but intrested to know how my hardware would run if I dont upgrade?

I would say it's pretty accurate. I was getting 60-90 on all lowest settings on the benchmark. In the full game, I think I put shadows and textures to medium and I also dropped rendering scaling down a hair at 90%, but still have everything else on lowest, and I'm getting a pretty stable 60-100fps depending on action, at 1080p. I can only imagine DLSS and other tweaks will improve performance/stability further.

Not even close there are 2-3 other bosses that are equally as annoying if not more so. That's without considering the hardest fight imho which is a secret.
I mean, I just did a quick google and apparently there are 95 bosses in the game, so if you're saying there are only 4 more who are more annoying, that still puts the Yellow Wind Sage near the top of the jerk table :D

Not read through this thread properly yet, but I'm having problems with the game crashing in the 1st 3mins of play.
It's at the intro where mateys riding the cloud down through the forest..
AMD 7900XTX 7800x3d. 3440 x 1440
I've tried compatibility mode and lowering the frame rate.
No cigar, it crashes to desktop and throws up a driver timeout.
Any one with the same problems? I had a look at the steam forum last night but to no avail, I'd only just finished downloading the game at midnight, was getting late and I didn't want to persevere at that time of night.

Last edited:
If I had to rank difficulty scale on final boss per chapter, i've just completed it myself now and enjoyed the game a lot. I will be playing it again to follow a guide to beat all the bosses + collectables.
Hardest -> Easiest
Chapter 4 - 1000 eye daiost
Chapter 6 - Stone monkey, probably can tie it with 1000 eye but the fight was fun and challenging and semi-fair
Chapter 5 - Yaksha King/red boy
Chapter 2 - Yellow wind sage
Chapter 1 - Black bear king
Chapter 3 - Yellowbrow

I'd probably give it 9/10 for gameplay and 4/10 for the story.

Mystical Chinese bobbins. I'm sure it makes more sense to Chinese people who grew up with the story, or people who have an interest in that sort of thing but it's not my cup of tea.

Not read through this thread properly yet, but I'm having problems with the game crashing in the 1st 3mins of play.
Any one with the same problems? I had a look at the steam forum last night but to no avail, I'd only just finished downloading the game at midnight, was getting late and I didn't want to persevere at that time of night.

I had to tick "Disable full screen optimization" in the exe properties to even get the thing to launch, maybe try that?

If anything is overclocked try running at stock

I mean, I just did a quick google and apparently there are 95 bosses in the game, so if you're saying there are only 4 more who are more annoying, that still puts the Yellow Wind Sage near the top of the jerk table :D
Yeah, he's tough ... he's very "tanky" for that stage in the game. To beat him you pretty much have to complete everything in chapter 2, and that includes the secret areas so you can obtain a couple of items that will help you with the fight. Even with them he's tough, without them he's really tough - to a point where a lot of people are going to be stuck.

There are plenty of tough bosses, but those bosses just require mechanical knowledge, they aren't utter BS like yellow wind sage feels.

The other ones I would consider hard due to either being very tanky or having incredibly complex/very fast attack patterns would be one of the loongs, the mantis and the secret boss. The more annoying of which tends to be multi-phase battles where you have to ace the first phase so you have the resources to deal with the often more complex 2nd phase.

I've got about 6 hours in the game now; had a few issues at the start with crashes but a new PSU has fixed that. So far a very enjoyable game. After all the open world games like Elden Ring, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk etc, it's nice having a pretty linear game. Although I'm finding in the more open world bits, everything looks the same so I've gone round in circles a few times! Just beaten that baby wight guy which took quite a few goes and now come across some guy in the forest who uses poison and magic so having a go at him. It feels like the bosses come thick and fast which is cool.

This game is fantastic, not had the feeling of “I’ll just get to that next bit over there” or “I’ll just see what the next boss is about” (then taking a few tries at that boss and trying to find the next shrine) for a long time!

Also in the middle of that you’ll take a moment and think Jesus Christ this is a good looking game :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom