Black Myth: Wukong

I actually find this far harder than Elden Ring, I just cannot seem to time my dodges right and some of the bosses have some really ludicrous attack moves. Whereas I 100%'d Elden Ring on multiple characters I'm really struggling to get too far into this one. As it stands at the moment I much prefer Elden Ring

I'm also encountering that thing some other people have mentioned where you press to heal and it doesnt respond and you have to press to heal again, I also get that on the heavy attack sometimes, I press to build up a heavy attack and it just doesnt seem to accept that I've pressed the heavy and I have to press it again, the graphics are better than FromSoftwares stuff but Fromsoftwars controls are more responsive. With all the titles coming this month (Age of Mythology, Space Marine 2, Satisfactory 1.0, God of War Ragnarok) I'll probably shelve this game for now and come back to it later in the year

Very interesting. I am enjoying this, despite hating everything about souls games. For me this game is very fluid and responsive. It does not punish if you are a millimeter pointing in the wrong direction when you commit to an attack. If From Software games were more like this - nimble and agile combat, with little back tracking for resources, and dont require you killing 50 enemies on the way to the boss you've tried 50 times - I would be all in on them.

Currently at the boss after whiteclad. I dont recall his name. Stopped off to do wight mark 2 on the way. Enough for tonight tho.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I am enjoying this, despite hating everything about souls games. For me this game is very fluid and responsive. It does not punish if you are a millimeter pointing in the wrong direction when you commit to an attack. If From Software games were more like this - nimble and agile combat, with little back tracking for resources, and dont require you killing 50 enemies on the way to the boss you've tried 50 times - I would be all in on them.

Currently at the boss after whiteclad. I dont recall his name. Stopped off to do wight mark 2 on the way. Enough for tonight tho.
Yeah I'm sure that I will click more with Wukong if I put more time into it, its just that its come at an unfortunate time as almost all of my gaming time in September will go on Age of Mythology, Space Marine 2, Satisfactory, God of War 2 and Cities 2, so at the moment, with that lot going on I just havent got the impetus at this time to perservere with it. I'll come back to it the next time theres a lull in the gaming release schedule but just too filled up currently :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom